Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really is about time there was a serious look in to how to get more people to vote. We probably need to get Simon Cowell involved.

Be nice if they allowed foreigners the vote too. You pay taxes here, you get to vote. For 40% of a ward to not even be eligible to vote is a nonsense.

They can vote in local elections, they can vote in mayoral elections, they should be able to vote in national ones.

I wonder what it'd look like if you did the same for rugby union teams?

I am assuming they show the actual MP in the constituency the club is?

If so, probably not that different I reckon. Like Bristol Rugby share a ground (and owner) with Bristol City for example. Bath would deffo be Tory, or maybe Lib Dem though.

But if it was how the supporters would vote......

Latest Ashcroft poll has UKIP polling higher than the LibDems, which is rather depressing. Tories 6 points clear of Labour too.
Outlier.

That feller really did himself no favours publishing that. It looks a shameless bit of propaganda by the Tory peer. Apparently he commissions numerous polls and discards some and publishes others. I'd suggest he should have binned that one because it makes no sense.

Ashcroft has gone from a couple of % points up for the Tories at the beginning of the campaign to 4% last week and now this 6%....when all other polls are (maximum) 3/4% either way for Lab/Con.

My prediction is for the Tories to win the national vote by about 2%. Largest party but nowhere near power without doing deals with the crazy parties.

Tory letter of support from small businesses is turning into a joke, they forgot to take the address of the bottom were it was from before giving it to the press, conservative cental office, some named dont have anything to do with the firms quoted , a few have already asked to be taken off as they hadnt been approached for permission to add there name to be used, one of the firms listed is the stanley conservative club, in short tory hq supports the torys not small business owners

Besides that, who would appeal to the authority of businesses who are obviously only bricking it because they rely on slave labour zero hour contracts?

I thought the Tories would have learned their lesson on that one from week one of the campaign when their big business backers letter of support got laughed out of the place. Maybe they think the public make a distinction between large scale and small-medium size exploiters?

Outlier.

That feller really did himself no favours publishing that. It looks a shameless bit of propaganda by the Tory peer. Apparently he commissions numerous polls and discards some and publishes others. I'd suggest he should have binned that one because it makes no sense.

Ashcroft has gone from a couple of % points up for the Tories at the beginning of the campaign to 4% last week and now this 6%....when all other polls are (maximum) 3/4% either way for Lab/Con.

My prediction is for the Tories to win the national vote by about 2%. Largest party but nowhere near power without doing deals with the crazy parties.

It is definitely an outlier.

But to be fair to Ashcroft, he has published this poll regularly for a few months, so to call it propaganda is a bit hyperbolic. Keep in mind that other reputable pollsters have also shown large leads to both Labour and the Tories in the past few weeks (all outliers).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back