Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol So the current recession (presided over by Labour) was a global problem that we had little control or influence over? Yet the Great Depression, which was presided over by the very first Labour government, was actually the fault of the Tories?

The amount of history that's been revised in the last hour has been quite something. It's worth remembering how brutal that crash was though. A whole lot worse than the current one, despite early fears that 2010 would be at least as bad.
Hook, line & sinker.

lol So the current recession (presided over by Labour) was a global problem that we had little control or influence over? Yet the Great Depression, which was presided over by the very first Labour government, was actually the fault of the Tories?

The amount of history that's been revised in the last hour has been quite something. It's worth remembering how brutal that crash was though. A whole lot worse than the current one, despite early fears that 2010 would be at least as bad.

Not sure Labour were in power in the U S A. Insofar as any British politician had a hand in encouraging the Great Depression, Churchill's recommendation of a return to the Gold Standard around 1925 seems to be the winner. (Churchill & Gold Standard - Robert Skidelsky - provides thorough analysis & historical references.)

As to Churchill himself, he failed to win the popular vote in the three elections he fought as leader and won a majority of seats in only one of those.

Which all goes to show something or other. Possibly that Tory politicians are irredeemable beasts with as much sense as God gave a goose.

I see that games are now being played with Trident, with the Conservatives now being non-committal about whether they'd vote Labour's proposals through if the SNP weren't prepared to prop them up on it.

A calculating and nasty piece of work by all accounts, regardless of his bumbling/amiable public persona.

You're too kind.

I'd have called him a vicious, bullying, ruthless ultra-right wing thug.

The thought of him as PM turns my stomach.

You're too kind.

I'd have called him a vicious, bullying, ruthless ultra-right wing thug.

The thought of him as PM turns my stomach.

I cant ever see that happening. He's an elected mayor, yes. But those posts can go to maverick figures. He's a clown and not even the British electorate will vote for that scarecrow buffoon.

Because a Conservative government will deliver prosperity for all

the rich people.
After the Thatcher years I really dont know how any working class person votes for them.

Years ago they could count on certain sections of the working class because they were the party of the union...when that meant something to sectarian-based working class communities. I just dont get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back