Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at least we agree there is actually a gap. Not really sure what to say about your reasoning for it! Got to be a WUM

What is your reasoning? Discrimination? Paying women less for the same job is illegal. And why would a company hire men if they could just hire women for less.

What is your reasoning? Discrimination? Paying women less for the same job is illegal. And why would a company hire men if they could just hire women for less.

Oh I forgot that the only laws that aren't broken in this country are those relating to equal pay for men and women.

They could try.....I'd be happy to see them go......

So Labour can't use their seats? lol

The funny thing is Tories and Labour may as well form a grand coalition, they are practically the same. They won't because it would hurt Labours vote share for the next election.

Oh I forgot that the only laws that aren't broken in this country are those relating to equal pay for men and women.

Tell the women to sue the company then. Except companies are not paying women less for being women. Otherwise they'd just hire women. You do realise the so called pay gap is taken from an average of all full time working men and all full time working women. It isn't for the same job and it does not take into account things such as hours worked etc.

Tell the women to sue the company then
Is exactly what they are doing. The weighting of tribunals in this area is heavy on one side.

The argument extends well beyond the hourly rate/salary. It is also about opportunities, the lack of, or the obstacles put in the way. There are plenty of women being discriminated against because they are of child bearing age for example.

Still its your prerogative if you wish to take the video rants of some weird misogynist as gospel.

Is exactly what they are doing. The weighting of tribunals in this area is heavy on one side.

The argument extends well beyond the hourly rate/salary. It is also about opportunities, the lack of, or the obstacles put in the way. There are plenty of women being discriminated against because they are of child bearing age for example.

Still its your prerogative if you wish to take the video rants of some weird misogynist as gospel.

Here's another misogynist.

Here's another misogynist.

Is that the Republican version of Nadine Dorries?
Presented her case rather more eloquently than maker of the previous video but if you're expecting me to accept that anything published by the AEI is anything other than right wing propaganda - in this case an attack on Obama - then you're having a laugh.

Is that the Republican version of Nadine Dorries?
Presented her case rather more eloquently than maker of the previous video but if you're expecting me to accept that anything published by the AEI is anything other than right wing propaganda - in this case an attack on Obama - then you're having a laugh.

She's a feminist acadmeic.

The SNP are the majority party in the Scottish Parliament, and are pro-EU.

Therefore, an in/out referendum that resulted in an exit would give the SNP grounds to call for another referendum on independence.

An in/out referendum on the EU would also cause market instability that would make any caused by an Labour minority govt. supported by the SNP pale into insignificance.
Didn't Labour have an EU referendum in 75?

He's pretty influential and he has stated that voting is a waste of time. Very irresponsible.

I think he was asked a question and answered it. He said he has never voted and never will. That isn't encouraging people not to vote and it doesn't matter how influential he is, it isn't being irresponsible, it's telling the truth.

The whole thing reminds me of McCartney LSD thing. They asked him if he takes LSD, he said he does so the media went to town saying he was irresponsible and encouraging drug use. He wasn't, he was answering a question. It's the media who were doing the encouraging.

I don't know much about them, all I know is I respect and admire this woman for using facts and logic.

And I cannot stand when people use statistics wrongly. I watched a labour mp say that rape has increased in our country. When actually all crimes have decreased, but more rapes are being reported because programs have been put in place to encourage people to report rape. she then went on to say 90 odd % of rapists are not convicted. Again, this is miss use of the statistics. She's assuming that all people that are accused of rape are automatically guilty, many may be, but in the case of rape it is a he said she said situation which is why so many people are not convicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back