Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what you're saying is that you discriminate opinions based on somebody's membership or allegiance to a political group, rather than looking at the facts ?

Seems like a rather narrow minded, UKIP-esque stance.
There are plenty of 'facts' to the contrary on the issue. I am more inclined to believe them and their sources, than the AEI. The AEI has a board of directors who's allegiance is to the Republican party. They make many Tory donors look like paupers based on the money they donate. I know fine well where their interests lie.Making sure that they have a disproportionate say in American and world politics.

"As the oldest of US pro-business right-wing think tanks, it promotes the advancement of free enterprise capitalism, and has been extremely successful in placing its people in influential governmental positions, particularly in the Bush Administration."

The video was made in response to a claim made by Obama who may or may not have been telling the whole truth. It is retaliatory propaganda which doesn't reflect reality.

Just to pop the cherry on the cake they also approve of government censorship of the arts.

There are plenty of 'facts' to the contrary on the issue. I am more inclined to believe them and their sources, than the AEI. The AEI has a board of directors who's allegiance is to the Republican party. They make many Tory donors look like paupers based on the money they donate. I know fine well where their interests lie.Making sure that they have a disproportionate say in American and world politics.

"As the oldest of US pro-business right-wing think tanks, it promotes the advancement of free enterprise capitalism, and has been extremely successful in placing its people in influential governmental positions, particularly in the Bush Administration."

The video was made in response to a claim made by Obama who may or may not have been telling the whole truth. It is retaliatory propaganda which doesn't reflect reality.

Just to pop the cherry on the cake they also approve of government censorship of the arts.

Are there ? Or there misinterpretations of numbers ?

Yes Obama made the inequality claim to gain popularity. Misrepresenting data and ironically the same 'wage gap' was also present in the White House with the men earning more. I tend to follow people if they use facts, logic and reason. I don't care if they are right wing or left wing.

Abundance has nothing to do with it. Nothing at all.

Always choices to be made though aren't there? We can't do everything we want to do, whether through lack of time, lack of manpower, lack of money etc. When you're faced with those kind of choices all you can ask is what's most likely to make a difference given the resources we have available.

Interesting article on austerity here; http://www.theguardian.com/business/ng-interactive/2015/apr/29/the-austerity-delusion

Excerpt;

I don’t know how many Britons realise the extent to which their economic debate has diverged from the rest of the western world – the extent to which the UK seems stuck on obsessions that have been mainly laughed out of the discourse elsewhere. George Osborne and David Cameron boast that their policies saved Britain from a Greek-style crisis of soaring interest rates, apparently oblivious to the fact that interest rates are at historic lows all across the western world. The press seizes on Ed Miliband’s failure to mention the budget deficit in a speech as a huge gaffe, a supposed revelation of irresponsibility; meanwhile, Hillary Clinton is talking, seriously, not about budget deficits but about the “fun deficit” facing America’s children.

Yes Obama made the inequality claim to gain popularity. Misrepresenting data and ironically the same 'wage gap' was also present in the White House with the men earning more. I tend to follow people if they use facts, logic and reason. I don't care if they are right wing or left wing.

says the person who thinks we're going to be invaded by sailor islamists

For those who've read the link on my post above, initially I didn't realise it was as long as War and Peace. The TL;DR is "austerity is a con unique to UK party campaigns".

Always choices to be made though aren't there?

True, but abundance has little or nothing to do with it so don't try to make out that it does. Basically, you're not only happy to let the footy game of 14 vs 10 (with the ref being the dad of one of the larger team, remember?) go one with out being challenged or questioned, but you also have the nerve to criticise anyone who complains about how crooked the game is. Instead, you stand at the side of the pitch, shouting tips at the depleted side and telling them to keep their chins up.

True, but abundance has little or nothing to do with it so don't try to make out that it does. Basically, you're not only happy to let the footy game of 14 vs 10 (with the ref being the dad of the larger team, remember?) go one with out being challenged or questioned, but you also have the nerve to criticise anyone who complains about how crooked the game is. Instead, you stand at the side of the pitch, shouting tips at the depleted side and telling them to keep their chins up.

Reminds me of being regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back