Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but abundance has little or nothing to do with it so don't try to make out that it does. Basically, you're not only happy to let the footy game of 14 vs 10 (with the ref being the dad of one of the larger team, remember?) go one with out being challenged or questioned, but you also have the nerve to criticise anyone who complains about how crooked the game is. Instead, you stand at the side of the pitch, shouting tips at the depleted side and telling them to keep their chins up.

Not only that, but would also no doubt demand the side with 10 pay the majority of the costs of hiring the pitch, the kits etc.......

Yep. But then so is "Save the NHS" Save the economy" "Save the planet" etc etc.

Maybe the last 3 weeks have drained me, but they deffo all talk bobbins.

No doubt, there's been a lot of bobbins spoke. By them, by us. It's all part of the game. However, the bile spouted by Farage is next level.

lol Are you familiar with how research generally works? Things start off small, and then if they are shown to work they're scaled up to test them on a larger scale.

Thus far it hasn't been tested on a larger scale, so of course it isn't known whether it applies. How do you know whether it would? You try it.

It's like dismissing a drug in clinical trials because it hasn't been tested on a large audience.

Seeing as it seems I'm the only one proposiin theg things for you guys to knock down. How about we switch things around and you tell me how you will create a fair society? If you can tell me how much it will cost and how long it would take, that would be great.

The one truism regarding 'projects', however successful or proven to work on theoreticals, whenever they become a threat to the established order, or threaten profits and the means to create profits, they are attacked, discredited and confined. We are in a system saturated with financial implications and threats, propogated by a supportive media, itself embedded within that system and counter dependent, and every opportunity will be taken to maintain it, by propaganda or fiscal muscle.

Because capitalism is the global dominant system, it has the means to perpetuate itself, and as it grows exponentially, it reduces the ability of the serfs to challenge via a democratic process, again, itself part of that very system through its lobbies, think tanks and vested interests.

It is plain that for a majority to benefit and have opportunity, equal to each other, that a social aspect has to be the major driving force, despite claiming to have a social conscience and responsibility, corporate capitalism, of which in this country conservatism is the flag bearer, has been found wanting, the lie of trickle down economics, sold to garner, not so much public support, but to decrease public opposition, was the con that allowed the excesses to gather momentum.

All the projects in the world can succeed, but they succeed within the existing system, and then to a limited point. Only when the system is challenged and changed will those projects be allowed the opportunity to expand and the chance to prove viable.

No doubt, there's been a lot of bobbins spoke. By them, by us. It's all part of the game. However, the bile spouted by Farage is next level.

I can see how what Farage says can be quite seductive to some, and wouldnt critisise them for that, but I think he has become a paradoy of himself now.

I heard him this afternoon, and was actually laughing how literally every every subject he is asked about always comes round to the fault of either the EU or immigrants. This afternoon it was both.

The UKIP stance in immigration is what the Tories would really love to do. In fact, Howard wanted to implement an the bandied about 'Australian points system' in 2005.

The UKIP stance in immigration is what the Tories would really love to do. In fact, Howard wanted to implement an the bandied about 'Australian points system' in 2005.

I am not convinced it is what he says about their policy on immigration that puts some off mate, it is the way he cannot seem to answer a question about anything without his answer seeming to include immigrants at some point.

Which as, largely, a party with 2 policies that they put above everything else, is probably to be expected I guess.

Like the Green leader probably bangs on about new lightbubs in every answer as well!

I am not convinced it is what he says about their policy on immigration that puts some off mate, it is the way he cannot seem to answer a question about anything without his answer seeming to include immigrants at some point.

Which as, largely, a party with 2 policies that they put above everything else, is probably to be expected I guess.

Like the Green leader probably bangs on about new lightbubs in every answer as well!

I could name a good amount of policies that I agree with from the fully costed manifesto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back