Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could name a good amount of policies that I agree with from the fully costed manifesto.

Without heading to google, who would be their Chancellor, Foreign Secretary and Home Secretary, in all likelihood?

That is my problem, well one of them, with them. They seem to attract a bunch of loons and oddballs as candidates from the ones I have heard/seen.

Without heading to google, who would be their Chancellor, Foreign Secretary and Home Secretary, in all likelihood?

That is my problem, well one of them, with them. They seem to attract a bunch of loons and oddballs as candidates from the ones I have heard/seen.

They are basically a 1 man party. Farage is their only plan.

They are basically a 1 man party. Farage is their only plan.

Could say the same about the SNP.

And the irony being that the women who has beguiled a lot of the electorate south of the border isnt even standing for election.

It's definitely worth noting that Paul Nuttal, their deputy leader, is against abortion and has signed a petition calling for the reintroduction of the death penalty. He is also a member if the "campaign against political correctness", which is actually a real thing.

You already did. Even you must admit his obsession with immigration is discerning.

Yes, but all parties have their main things they talk about.

I've watched a lot of their videos where they talk about a range of different things.

That gives no consideration to the financial implications of either putting a halt on immigration for 5 years, or from leaving Europe.

I'd personally like to leave the eu.

I am not sure exactly who would be in charge of these certain areas, though there are a good amount of people within ukip which I like and agree with.

Suzanne Evans
Steven Wolfe
Mark Reckless - funny name I know.
Douglas Creswell
John-Rees Evans
And some other woman who I can't remember her name.

It's definitely worth noting that Paul Nuttal, their deputy leader, is against abortion and has signed a petition calling for the reintroduction of the death penalty. He is also a member if the "campaign against political correctness", which is actually a real thing.

To be fair some political correctness really does need to die.

The one truism regarding 'projects', however successful or proven to work on theoreticals, whenever they become a threat to the established order, or threaten profits and the means to create profits, they are attacked, discredited and confined. We are in a system saturated with financial implications and threats, propogated by a supportive media, itself embedded within that system and counter dependent, and every opportunity will be taken to maintain it, by propaganda or fiscal muscle.

Because capitalism is the global dominant system, it has the means to perpetuate itself, and as it grows exponentially, it reduces the ability of the serfs to challenge via a democratic process, again, itself part of that very system through its lobbies, think tanks and vested interests.

It is plain that for a majority to benefit and have opportunity, equal to each other, that a social aspect has to be the major driving force, despite claiming to have a social conscience and responsibility, corporate capitalism, of which in this country conservatism is the flag bearer, has been found wanting, the lie of trickle down economics, sold to garner, not so much public support, but to decrease public opposition, was the con that allowed the excesses to gather momentum.

All the projects in the world can succeed, but they succeed within the existing system, and then to a limited point. Only when the system is challenged and changed will those projects be allowed the opportunity to expand and the chance to prove viable.

Boss post!

The threats come from all angles. The Tv licence, wonga, debt collection agencies - All with very little (zero, in fact) lawful authority - yet all guilty of obtaining monies (in many cases by deception) through use of threatening legal jargon, are three that immediately spring to mind.

Pay us - or you'll go to court & be convicted. Unless of course you're the michael green sebastian fox grant shafts shapps type, and have the financial AND political influence incredible good fortune so the corporate-protecting old bill can put it down to "What MAY be construed as fraudulent practices" - and have no further action taken.

So not much chance of him havin to pay a £150 court charge then.

Last edited:
The one truism regarding 'projects', however successful or proven to work on theoreticals, whenever they become a threat to the established order, or threaten profits and the means to create profits, they are attacked, discredited and confined. We are in a system saturated with financial implications and threats, propogated by a supportive media, itself embedded within that system and counter dependent, and every opportunity will be taken to maintain it, by propaganda or fiscal muscle.

Because capitalism is the global dominant system, it has the means to perpetuate itself, and as it grows exponentially, it reduces the ability of the serfs to challenge via a democratic process, again, itself part of that very system through its lobbies, think tanks and vested interests.

It is plain that for a majority to benefit and have opportunity, equal to each other, that a social aspect has to be the major driving force, despite claiming to have a social conscience and responsibility, corporate capitalism, of which in this country conservatism is the flag bearer, has been found wanting, the lie of trickle down economics, sold to garner, not so much public support, but to decrease public opposition, was the con that allowed the excesses to gather momentum.

All the projects in the world can succeed, but they succeed within the existing system, and then to a limited point. Only when the system is challenged and changed will those projects be allowed the opportunity to expand and the chance to prove viable.

Excellent post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back