Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How on earth is the mail making up a story about Milibands dad hating Britain the same as Cameron's dad exploiting tax avoidance via offshore accounts? Come off it.

This is completely different , this shows Cameron benefited from money held in tax havens.

Because it isnt illegal for one. I struggle to see how someones Dad arranges their tax affairs has anything to do with his kids for another.

Like the Milibands used a perfectly legal deed of variation on their fathers estate. Couldnt be bothered the slightest me. Obviously you are outraged by that as well though.

Because it isnt illegal for one. I struggle to see how someones Dad arranges their tax affairs has anything to do with his kids for another.

Like the Milibands used a perfectly legal deed of variation on their fathers estate. Couldnt be bothered the slightest me. Obviously you are outraged by that as well though.

I'm not outraged or surprised this is the norm for Cameron and his ilk.

This is completely different , this shows Cameron benefited from money held in tax havens.

Quite. Hardly a surprise but nice to catch the hypocrite, nonetheless.

I honestly dont get the outrage here. Lambast him for what he does/did, fine and dandy, but you are treading a dangerous path if you think that someone, anyone, should be judged by the tax affairs of their parents.

Bit different when Cameron is calling companies who use offshore tax havens "morally wrong". It's pure populist hypocrisy, and hugely different to a rag making up a story about Miliband's dad because he was an immigrant.

@Clint Planet is right, it isn't surprising in the slightest. It's still very important though and we mustn't let the expectancy of the issue get in the way of the fact that on one hand, our prime minister publicly slams offshore tax havens, and on the other is a direct recipient of them.

I honestly dont get the outrage here. Lambast him for what he does/did, fine and dandy, but you are treading a dangerous path if you think that someone, anyone, should be judged by the tax affairs of their parents.

Camerons false outrage at people dodging tax might have something to do with it, if you cant see the hypocrisy here then I give up.

It's great to see Dacre and Murdoch going completely batsh*t-unhinged over Milibrand... may the influence of their media tendrils recede by the day.
The Tory bias from the Murdoch empire is unreal.

Today Sky news been running a headline that one poll has the Tories 5% up on Labour, I distinctly remember Labour having 6% up in one poll 2 weeks ago, didn't get a mention, just kept flicking through in the top corner where they have the various polls on rotation.

Everytime I catch a glimpse of the Sun's front cover over the last month they are bashing Labour or Milliband, it's relentless.

Cameron false outrage at people dodging tax might have something to do with it, if you cant see the hypocrisy here then I give up.

Read what I said mate. Not what you think I said.

But to paraphrase, it is a dangerous path to judge anyone on the legal tax affairs of their (dead) parent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back