Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the Tory spin propaganda machine swings into effect, do you think they've been briefed?

CD3TDDPW8AAXewf.jpg:large
I see CCHQ is all over this, trying to brainwash us.

Party H Q's will be picking out the bits they can exploit on the doorstep. IF the polls stay roughly equal and IF noone makes a major gaff, it'll be down to the ground campaign.

Apart from some parts of the Home Counties, the Tory ground people are few, getting on and not especially well organised. Labour tend to be younger (apart from me), more vigorous and very well organised. We will get the vote out & then it's in the lap of the gods.

I've seen first hand how good the Labour ground campaign is. Each safe seat is twinned with a close marginal. For example my constituency is twinned with Warrington South - twice a week we head up to Warrington doorknocking, the same thing is happening over in the Wirral with McVeys seat. The Tories have billboards all over the town but it's amazing how many activists Labour have on the ground.

How alarming is it that a large % of people will vote based on aesthetics? Some seem to stone wall everything leaders say, I've lost count of how many times I've heard 'Yeah but Miliband talks funny'. Welcome to 21st century Britain - sigh.

Yep , well tbe ones asking the normal questions, thought ed missed a few open goals.
Did well on the Scottish question I thought, although I dont get the fear of the Snp thing if there that bloody bad why are all the jocks voting for them?

I didn't see an of it but I cant imagine it shifting opinion one jot.

We're heading for a minority government made up of three or more parties. The only question now is which party gets to head it.

I've said all along we'll be having an election in the autumn when this next unstable government gets swept out as quick as it's swept in.

How alarming is it that a large % of people will vote based on aesthetics? Some seem to stone wall everything leaders say, I've lost count of how many times I've heard 'Yeah but Miliband talks funny'. Welcome to 21st century Britain - sigh.

Yes, it is sad isn't it. The only thing that can be taken into account in appearance is leadership and confidence.

Floating voters are the least informed, mate. Apart from Tory voters, of course.

That whole question time was just a bit weird. Most of the audience members questions and comments were irritating. I don't think any leader came out of it particularly well, especially if you have had half an eye on the election campaign so far, because every sound bite is just repeated.

How many times did Cameron say the word 'inherited'?

Anyone get that thing about call me daves dad and jersey on channel 4 only caught the end looked interesting,But missed most of it?
Cameron stands to inherit with his family his dad's dodgy offshore account fortune (said to be about £27M if IIRC). His arl feller only left officially £2M in his will. He says he's not an executor to the will and only got a share of the cash he left.

You can bet your bottom dollar the greedy **** will be all over that when he steps down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back