The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye but have you looked at it this way.

Cameron says he wants to give us the vote on yes or no. He gives us that chance, and we can have our say on it. Except he spends weeks on end i nthe build up pointing out why we shouldn't leave, pointing out the families whats voting yes would do to them, small business, private sectors, the cost of everything etc. As much as he can give us the vote he can also manipulate the outcome using nothing else but actual facts that focus on the bad side of leaving. Fairs fair it would be the truth but he would have fulfilled his end of the bargain and still got his own way.

So he puts the whole economy at risk with business up and down the country holding their breath, just to play a political game with the extreme right of his party?

If that referendum came to be, the country would be in chaos until it was done, and for what? What tangible, horrifying problem is being a member of the EU causing us that deems messing around with the entire country for a year or two sound like a good idea?

We should have had a referendum after the Lisbon treaty, and I have no doubt that another such proposal will result in one, but at this moment in time it's just a lunatic concession to the right from Cameron.

So he puts the whole economy at risk with business up and down the country holding their breath, just to play a political game with the extreme right of his party?

If that referendum came to be, the country would be in chaos until it was done, and for what? What tangible, horrifying problem is being a member of the EU causing us that deems messing around with the entire country for a year or two sound like a good idea?

We should have had a referendum after the Lisbon treaty, and I have no doubt that another such proposal will result in one, but at this moment in time it's just a lunatic concession to the right from Cameron.

Could you imagine all the banks and businesses hanging around for the result before making plans to abandon ship. The strategic planning would result in many leaving no matter what the result.

Why should he attack the Tories? He's adopting a positive campaign about what he would do, instead of talking about what the other guy isn't.

I can't expect the guy to lie - if he believes that Labour didn't overspend, then he should say that. To be honest, his point actually holds water in that regard - we would have been goosed by the financial crisis regardless. He only briefly mention that our whole economy was held up by financial services at the time (and still is) so we were exposed massively, but he should highlight that fact much more often.

He can't win with the non doms regardless. If he wants to scrap that rule, they will hate him for it regardless of what concession he makes instead.

And it wasn't Balls who left the letter, it was Liam Byrne. And it actually was intended as a private joke and is a long running tradition.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/may/17/liam-byrne-note-successor

its not about attacking tories though, i hate cameron for spending years doing that to labour without any substance.

It is about making labour stronger in the eyes of the country. Conservatives want to do this, or have done this, WE will do this AND this how we will do it AND this is the benefit of us doing it. Basically not just throwing the weak repetitive points out but presenting the country with a strong party who know what they want to do and how they will do it that is anti conservatist. People who don't want to vote conservative can then take interest and perhaps every lib dem or ukip or green vote next week could have been swayed at least to their way of thinking.

right now i dont see anything from labour that i support or at least no substance to what they will do and how. I dont see anything that strikes me the same way as balir would have done back in 97.

Just to point out, why attack conservatives? Because they are the government right now and if labour dont win they still will be for another 5 years

its not about attacking tories though, i hate cameron for spending years doing that to labour without any substance.

It is about making labour stronger in the eyes of the country. Conservatives want to do this, or have done this, WE will do this AND this how we will do it AND this is the benefit of us doing it. Basically not just throwing the weak repetitive points out but presenting the country with a strong party who know what they want to do and how they will do it that is anti conservatist. People who don't want to vote conservative can then take interest and perhaps every lib dem or ukip or green vote next week could have been swayed at least to their way of thinking.

right now i dont see anything from labour that i support or at least no substance to what they will do and how. I dont see anything that strikes me the same way as balir would have done back in 97.

Just to point out, why attack conservatives? Because they are the government right now and if labour dont win they still will be for another 5 years

http://www.labour.org.uk/manifesto

We are better off in the EU, thats why every party will alighn themselves with it. Point is by offering the choice out at least, it shows the conservatives are consulting the public, no matter how manipluated the result is.

Same as scotland recently, better staying with us on the whole but they still got the choice of it. At least they got chance to vote so if they went independant in 2 years at least its because the people said so.

Do you resemble a slug, then?

team4773408_209_logo.gif

Don't get me started on this one. Workers are poorer than ever. Figures are being manipulated and massaged by the tories to currently include people who have no guarantee of work as being employed - people on zero hours contracts are not employed. The number of people made redundant from well paying jobs since the tories came to power who are now scraping by on part time jobs is a disaster for this country.

If you can't make the connection between "workers being poorer than ever" and DEBT then you are forlorn. What goes for personal finances go for public finances too.

Remember Labour claimed that that the Tories plans would result in even higher unemployment? That the private sector wouldn't be able to absorb the masses of public sector redundancies? Well that proved completely wrong - the private sector has created MORE jobs than even the most optimistic projections just a few years ago.

Labour are shocking, and their "something-for-nothing, someone else to pay" ideals are immoral and offensive to a free and prosperous society. History bears that out. Every Labour government has been a failure and damaged the UK's standing.

We are better off in the EU, thats why every party will alighn themselves with it. Point is by offering the choice out at least, it shows the conservatives are consulting the public, no matter how manipluated the result is.

Same as scotland recently, better staying with us on the whole but they still got the choice of it. At least they got chance to vote so if they went independant in 2 years at least its because the people said so.

Apart from they're not. Labour are united in their stance. The Tories are very split, Lib Dem announced yesterday they'd go against their principles in order to hang on to power. UKIP won't let it lie. It would be chaos.

If you can't make the connection between "workers being poorer than ever" and DEBT then you are forlorn. What goes for personal finances go for public finances too.

Remember Labour claimed that that the Tories plans would result in even higher unemployment? That the private sector wouldn't be able to absorb the masses of public sector redundancies? Well that proved completely wrong - the private sector has created MORE jobs than even the most optimistic projections just a few years ago.

Labour are shocking, and their "something-for-nothing, someone else to pay" ideals are immoral and offensive to a free and prosperous society. History bears that out. Every Labour government has been a failure and damaged the UK's standing.

What twaddle. The personal finances of the poor alone mirror the finances of the country? Perhaps I should mention that the richer are richer than ever too.

The private sector has created more low paying, part time, zero hours jobs. Young people are being forced into workfare. The workers of the country are being exploited for the benefit of the rich. We've had the argument a million times on here. Another one in denial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back