The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
.......the 'no money' letter was bound to come back to haunt. Dreadful gaff, just when I thought momentum was with Labour the tide appears to be turning. Dread to think what another 5 years of a Tory led government will mean.

Where does government fund it's programmes? It doesn't fund it from the moon. It funds it FROM THE PUBLIC - ie YOU AND ME.

How terrible that young people can't just sit on the dole and get their own social housing at the expense of hard working people any more. I used to work in a supermarket for £2/hr not that many years ago, but you know what? I worked my way up. That opportunity doesn't exist for young workers anymore. The last Labour government has priced those people out of work.

Absolutely disgusting line, which gets trotted out by the I'm alright Jack brigade far too often. Do you have a problem with people being poor or do you simply have a problem with poor people?

.......the 'no money' letter was bound to come back to haunt. Dreadful gaff, just when I thought momentum was with Labour the tide appears to be turning. Dread to think what another 5 years of a Tory led government will mean.
I still feel the will be no party with a majority the SNP have really thrown labour in turmoil if they lose 40 odd seats as predicted any gains in the UK will be sadly damaging to them - I feel the Tories will still get hurt by UKIP!

If you can't make the connection between "workers being poorer than ever" and DEBT then you are forlorn. What goes for personal finances go for public finances too.

Remember Labour claimed that that the Tories plans would result in even higher unemployment? That the private sector wouldn't be able to absorb the masses of public sector redundancies? Well that proved completely wrong - the private sector has created MORE jobs than even the most optimistic projections just a few years ago.

Labour are shocking, and their "something-for-nothing, someone else to pay" ideals are immoral and offensive to a free and prosperous society. History bears that out. Every Labour government has been a failure and damaged the UK's standing.

Either that or they've done a bloody good job of massaging the figures.

If all these wonderful new jobs have been created then why do productivity and growth not reflect this? Growth has fallen for the last 5 consecutive quarters.

My idea of immoral would be forcing people into penury while giving tax breaks to the rich, but you'd probably argue the polar opposite, given your Randian worldview.

@peteblue I'd quite like to know where you stand on this one. I was hoping to make enquiries the other evening, but I think we ran out of time. You know that I have a personal interest in social housing and I now know that you were raised in Council housing. Is this line of attack ever justified? Do you ever look back and think that you (your parents) were fortunate to have state support in this form?

Where does government fund it's programmes? It doesn't fund it from the moon. It funds it FROM THE PUBLIC - ie YOU AND ME.

How terrible that young people can't just sit on the dole and get their own social housing at the expense of hard working people any more. I used to work in a supermarket for £2/hr not that many years ago, but you know what? I worked my way up. That opportunity doesn't exist for young workers anymore. The last Labour government has priced those people out of work.

what are you talking about? so because of the minimum wage there are less supermarket jobs? so there shouldnt be a minimum wage?

BBC Audience not rigged last night - look at this-

http://labourlist.org/2015/05/about-that-question-time-audience/

I just knew it tory activist asking the questions some cross section!

No wonder the BBC license is safe!

Nigel Farage pointed this out when he was on the last time , and he was proved correct!

There were a fair few obvious looking plants in the questioning to me, so this doesn't surprise me. You just feel like a whackjob conspiracy theorist by pointing them out though.

There were a fair few obvious looking plants in the questioning to me, so this doesn't surprise me. You just feel like a whackjob conspiracy theorist by pointing them out though.
It just proved to me why David Cameron did not want a head to head debate - with any of the main leaders -who wants a whimp like him to run our country hope its bye bye to him next week!

she was so obviously a massive tory

And that's fine, it's a cross-political audience.

What raised my suspicions was the structure of the question, specifically the NHS one to Cameron and the response, which had all the hallmarks of being pre-prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back