The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can't make the connection between "workers being poorer than ever" and DEBT then you are forlorn. What goes for personal finances go for public finances too.

Remember Labour claimed that that the Tories plans would result in even higher unemployment? That the private sector wouldn't be able to absorb the masses of public sector redundancies? Well that proved completely wrong - the private sector has created MORE jobs than even the most optimistic projections just a few years ago.

Labour are shocking, and their "something-for-nothing, someone else to pay" ideals are immoral and offensive to a free and prosperous society. History bears that out. Every Labour government has been a failure and damaged the UK's standing.

Nicely put.........

If you can't make the connection between "workers being poorer than ever" and DEBT then you are forlorn. What goes for personal finances go for public finances too.

Remember Labour claimed that that the Tories plans would result in even higher unemployment? That the private sector wouldn't be able to absorb the masses of public sector redundancies? Well that proved completely wrong - the private sector has created MORE jobs than even the most optimistic projections just a few years ago.

Labour are shocking, and their "something-for-nothing, someone else to pay" ideals are immoral and offensive to a free and prosperous society. History bears that out. Every Labour government has been a failure and damaged the UK's standing.

hmm, so the 3 re-elections of labour governments and stable economy are just being ignored then? do you remember massive interest rates under the tories in the late 80s, early 90's?

How about inflation at 26% under Labour in the 70s?

I miss Labours inflation tbh, the mortgage as a % of the house price used to just disappear as every worker fought to get a bigger piece of the pie and house prices used to double in a year..........

What twaddle. The personal finances of the poor alone mirror the finances of the country? Perhaps I should mention that the richer are richer than ever too.

The private sector has created more low paying, part time, zero hours jobs. Young people are being forced into workfare. The workers of the country are being exploited for the benefit of the rich. We've had the argument a million times on here. Another one in denial.

Where does government fund it's programmes? It doesn't fund it from the moon. It funds it FROM THE PUBLIC - ie YOU AND ME.

How terrible that young people can't just sit on the dole and get their own social housing at the expense of hard working people any more. I used to work in a supermarket for £2/hr not that many years ago, but you know what? I worked my way up. That opportunity doesn't exist for young workers anymore. The last Labour government has priced those people out of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back