The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well sorry I don't wake up in the morning and read HM Treasury records, I tend to read broadsheets, but it seems unless the article has a bibliography on the end, you're not interested.

Unfortunately, unless the article does actually link to its source and that source is a financial institution, it's certainly not true.

I know the thresholds, and I know how far £21k gets you when you're trying to get a mortgage and support a family. The last thing you need is your account being emptied more each month because of extortionate university fees.

I understand that, but if the degree gives you the opportunity to earn more than £21k a year, surely you are better off than earning less without the degree.

I know the thresholds, and I know how far £21k gets you when you're trying to get a mortgage and support a family. The last thing you need is your account being emptied more each month because of extortionate university fees.

Are you at uni, mate?

I understand that, but if the degree gives you the opportunity to earn more than £21k a year, surely you are better off than earning less without the degree.

Now that is a good point, I think in many cases it would come down to what subject your degree was in. Some subjects are down right useless to get a well paid job and one might have been better off getting some sort of apprenticeship.

Now that is a good point, I think in many cases it would come down to what subject your degree was in. Some subjects are down right useless to get a well paid job and one might have been better off getting some sort of apprenticeship.

I agree mate. Just to add to that if a degree didn't help you earn more than £21k a year you wouldn't pay a penny of your debt.

No, I'm an NQT. One of the luckier people who 'only' had to pay £3k per year.

Well, coming from someone who is at university now, the fees aren't ideal but the repayments certainly aren't going to put you in bone-crushing poverty like you're making out.

Well, coming from someone who is at university now, the fees aren't ideal but the repayments certainly aren't going to put you in bone-crushing poverty like you're making out.

Poorer people actually get more grants to be fair. Because they assume richer families will help their child financially.

This is why certain parties, like UKIP (oh no he said UKIP must be a racist), want to scrap tuition fees for STEM subjects.

Some degrees are vital to the country's economic and technological progress. Some degrees, like drama, are a luxury and you really should only be doing them if you can afford to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back