The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The previous 13 year Labour government increased the national debt by about £480 billion. Until the deficit is eradicated, the national debt will not go down. They go absolutely hand in hand. Come on, this is simple stuff.

I was just pointing out they were different. Jesus.

The previous 13 year Labour government increased the national debt by about £480 billion. Until the deficit is eradicated, the national debt will not go down. They go absolutely hand in hand. Come on, this is simple stuff.
The current debt can probably be traced in origins back to the '40's if we're honest.

Everyone chill, by the way.

I was just pointing out they were different. Jesus.

Yet, as I said, they go hand in hand. You cannot have one without the other.

It's like saying "Football and running are two different things!!!" Well, thanks for that, genius.

People will be paying these debts off for the rest of their lives. If you don't think it's a huge choice to make for a kid from a council estate compared to someone from an upper middle class family in leafy suburbia then I think you're being extremely short sighted.

It comes out of your wages once you earn over 21 grand a year. And if you don't earn that much you don't pay a penny.

Staggering figure, cannot work out how much that is per head of population my calculator won't go that big.lol

The current debt can probably be traced in origins back to the '40's if we're honest.

Untrue. Debt, as a percentage of GDP, fell immensely towards the 1950's. We're talking ~170%. It's the continuous spending that let it rise up again.

It comes out of your wages once you earn over 21 grand a year. And if you don't earn that much you don't pay a penny.

I know the thresholds, and I know how far £21k gets you when you're trying to get a mortgage and support a family. The last thing you need is your account being emptied more each month because of extortionate university fees.

When a paper doesn't even source its quotes, you know the numbers just don't add up.

I'd accept something from somewhere HM Treasury, not a bloody broadsheet.

Well sorry I don't wake up in the morning and read HM Treasury records, I tend to read broadsheets, but it seems unless the article has a bibliography on the end, you're not interested.

National debt will never be eradicated, the interest we are paying on it due to 15 years of Labour borrowing and spending like there was no tomorrow means we will never be able to pay it off through surpluses in the budget and it is foolish to pretend we can.

Staggering figure, cannot work out how much that is per head of population my calculator won't go that big.lol

Roughly £7,500 per person.

That's more than half a minimum-wage earner's annual earnings.

Labour - Party of the working-class!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back