The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What could Labour do if they weren't in power at national or local level at the time?

And yes, it may have been 30 years ago, but the bad feeling lingers. Many lives were ruined. Then there was Militant.

I'm not saying Labour are perfect, but the Tories were worse for Liverpool n

Labour were in power for many years before the current lot, you misread my post. So why did Labour not do more to help out during their reign and reverse the Tory effects?

Nah, having a good debate hear. Never mind the 700 pages, what is it that Labour are offering to get your vote? You state what attracts you to them.

How about a bit bringing a bit of fairness back to the country?

With endless cases of tragic deaths, destitution and illness arising out of the nasty cuts, welfare reforms and the bedroom tax put into place by the coalition, Labour at least offer some genuine hope that the vulnerable in society might be showed some compassion.

A million people use food banks in our country and instead of being ashamed, Cameron calls it big society in action and puts it down to them being better advertised.

This is the man who puts Iain Duncan Smith in charge of benefits. It's like putting a Rottweiler in charge of your pet hamster.

Miliband may have his own flaws, but he is genuine and speaks out against the corrupt practices which are going on, despite the fact that he knows it will cause him grief in the media (see latest Daily Mail map on tactical voting - 'how to keep out Red Ed' in every constituency). Desperate.

Okay Danny. The Housing Benefit was allowed to get out of hand by the previous government and the rules were just to lax. Lowering tuition fees will help the rich more than other parts of the community and don't forget with the energy price freeze that will help the rich as well. The NHS is not being privatised for heavens sake you have been reading too much hype. One point that is not mentioned about the costs facing Hospitals is the enormous number of PFIs set up by Labour which Hospials have to pay for out of their budget.

Oh really? Why's it increased under this shower (Even with their bedroom tax?)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...s-labour-claim-new-homes-needed-10108977.html

How about a bit bringing a bit of fairness back to the country?

With endless cases of tragic deaths, destitution and illness arising out of the nasty cuts, welfare reforms and the bedroom tax put into place by the coalition, Labour at least offer some genuine hope that the vulnerable in society might be showed some compassion.

A million people use food banks in our country and instead of being ashamed, Cameron calls it big society in action and puts it down to them being better advertised.

This is the man who puts Iain Duncan Smith in charge of benefits. It's like putting a Rottweiler in charge of your pet hamster.

Miliband may have his own flaws, but he is genuine and speaks out against the corrupt practices which are going on, despite the fact that he knows it will cause him grief in the media (see latest Daily Mail map on tactical voting - 'how to keep out Red Ed' in every constituency). Desperate.

If there had been no reductions in spending where would the money have to come from to continue paying for them?

Okay Danny. The Housing Benefit was allowed to get out of hand by the previous government and the rules were just to lax. Lowering tuition fees will help the rich more than other parts of the community and don't forget with the energy price freeze that will help the rich as well. The NHS is not being privatised for heavens sake you have been reading too much hype. One point that is not mentioned about the costs facing Hospitals is the enormous number of PFIs set up by Labour which Hospials have to pay for out of their budget.

How many new contracts have been given to private companies in the NHS?

If the housing rules being too lax means we're not turfing families with disabled children out of their homes then that's fine by me.

Do you honestly believe these tuition fees are helping students from poorer backgrounds? It's unbelievable that before people have even earned a penny they have £30k worth of debt hanging over them.

I'm nowhere near a staunch Labour supporter. I just can't stand the Tory ideology.

If there had been no reductions in spending where would the money have to come from to continue paying for them?

This is the point though, the poor have the raw end of the deal for some reason. They would never dream of raising taxes for the rich, it's all targeted at the vulnerable.

Also, a lot of the changes have been ideological. The change in benefits (to the universal credit and the new testing systems for disability allowance) has cost the country money rather than saved money, only with more damning consequences for those in desperate need.

Spending is actually up over the last 5 years compared with the government which preceded it, so I have no idea where the Tories get their 'we are tough, but we've cut the deficit' rhetoric from - they haven't.

How many new contracts have been given to private companies in the NHS?

If the housing rules being too lax means we're not turfing families with disabled children out of their homes then that's fine by me.

Do you honestly believe these tuition fees are helping students from poorer backgrounds? It's unbelievable that before people have even earned a penny they have £30k worth of debt hanging over them.

I'm nowhere near a staunch Labour supporter. I just can't stand the Tory ideology.

We've been over tuition fees. People don't pay them until they are earning a certain amount. So if you stay poor you'll never have to pay them back. I don't get how people can say it stops poor people from attending uni.

This is the point though, the poor have the raw end of the deal for some reason. They would never dream of raising taxes for the rich, it's all targeted at the vulnerable.

Also, a lot of the changes have been ideological. The change in benefits (to the universal credit and the new testing systems for disability allowance) has cost the country money rather than saved money, only with more damning consequences for those in desperate need.

Spending is actually up over the last 5 years compared with the government which preceded it, so I have no idea where the Tories get their 'we are tough, but we've cut the deficit' rhetoric from - they haven't.

Corker!

This should be foremost in everybody's mind - including those who intend to vote for them.

Look trying to hold a serious debate here, if you feel that way well so be it.
I can see that.

Posts like "why do you have to post such nonsense" aren't very friendly though, are they?

Especially as I was trying to keep the usual political fumes at bay. I wasn't being nasty to you. Drop it now.

Anyway.....

Cuts have saved nothing. They have borrowed more in their 5 years than the last 5 years if the previous Labour government. Don't let them convince you they are good for the economy; they are disastrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back