The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't really talking about her attractiveness. I just think she is a sound bird, and I was just pointing out that another person who looks like a like a lizard might be getting in to power.

Okay MATE, SHE HAS A BIT OF INTELLIGENCE ABOUT HER.

I wasn't really talking about her attractiveness. I just think she is a sound bird, and I was just pointing out that another person who looks like a like a lizard might be getting in to power.

Illuminati-dollar_tower1.jpg

Nah, having a good debate hear. Never mind the 700 pages, what is it that Labour are offering to get your vote? You state what attracts you to them.

Scrapping the bedroom tax, lowering tuition fees, slower cuts that will at least ease the pain, stopping the privatisation of the NHS, no EU referendum.

These are some of the policies that appeal to me. It's not ideal but it's a lot better than what the Tories are offering.

Thousands were left unemployed because of the Thatcher regime, that's a reputation the city has never been able to shake, even to this day. Liverpool was by no means alone in this, just look around the country. She is universally despised in what was the industrial heartlands of the country.

Yes the country and economy needed to adapt to the changing times but she did nothing to support people through those changes. Once thriving communities had the soul ripped out of them and honest working people were left on the scrapheap.

If that is the case, then when Labour got in power and had 15 years why did they not come and help out? to reverse what had been done?

BTW prior to '97, thousands of Government jobs were established in the City to help employment.

But that is only a partial return of the cash we pay into the EU, it was our own money anyway. BTW Blair reduced our rebate by £5 billion from the £10 million the Tories had negotiated!

Again just like the other poster you refer to something over 30 years ago. You should ask yourself why did Labour not come and help the City during their 15 year reign?
What could Labour do if they weren't in power at national or local level at the time?

And yes, it may have been 30 years ago, but the bad feeling lingers. Many lives were ruined. Then there was Militant.

I'm not saying Labour are perfect, but the Tories were worse for Liverpool n

If that is the case, then when Labour got in power and had 15 years why did they not come and help out? to reverse what had been done?

BTW prior to '97, thousands of Government jobs were established in the City to help employment.

I don't think New Labour did enough to support working people across the country.

Scrapping the bedroom tax, lowering tuition fees, slower cuts that will at least ease the pain, stopping the privatisation of the NHS, no EU referendum.

These are some of the policies that appeal to me. It's not ideal but it's a lot better than what the Tories are offering.

Okay Danny. The Housing Benefit was allowed to get out of hand by the previous government and the rules were just to lax. Lowering tuition fees will help the rich more than other parts of the community and don't forget with the energy price freeze that will help the rich as well. The NHS is not being privatised for heavens sake you have been reading too much hype. One point that is not mentioned about the costs facing Hospitals is the enormous number of PFIs set up by Labour which Hospials have to pay for out of their budget.

So 10% are the richest and the other 90% are worse off, I do not think your figures are any where near correct. Just again hearsay.

http://www.theguardian.com/business...-inequality-davos-economic-summit-switzerland

Separate research by the Equality Trust, which campaigns to reduce inequality in the UK, found that the richest 100 families in Britain in 2008 had seen their combined wealth increase by at least £15bn, a period during which average income increased by £1,233. Britain’s current richest 100 had the same wealth as 30% of UK households, it added.

Maybe not entirely correct, but it's still an horrendously unjust society we live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back