The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that what really hurt Liverpool was being on the wrong side of the country when we joined the EU. Not sure in what way you mean the city was decimated by the Cons'.
But we've also benefitted quite a bit from EU cash, 2008 being one example. Whether it's spent wisely by councils is another matter......

Also, the city was done over by the Tories, massively. There were quotes from Thatcher endorsing a 'managed decline' of the city.

More immigrants! wonder where from? If not the Mansion Tax what are the other options?

Bear in mind if you want to spend the money has to come from tax or borrowing.

Does it matter where from. If they can do the job they're more than welcome.

You appear to have missed strong and balanced growth. Investment led to reduce the deficit in a sustainable way.

I'm personally hoping Labour scrape through with just enough to form a minority without any support from the Lib Dems.

They'll need a 2-3% lead over the Tories (if the SNP do as expected) - doesn't look likely at this late stage.

But we've also benefitted quite a bit from EU cash, 2008 being one example. Whether it's spent wisely by councils is another matter......

Also, the city was done over by the Tories, massively. There were quotes from Thatcher endorsing a 'managed decline' of the city.

In essence it's UK cash that has been allocated to the city by the EU rather than the UK Govt. 2008 City of Culture was tony b.liar's decision IIRC. It was the UK's turn to pick a city, but the Govt (Or some committee or other - I think that loyd grossman fronted our bid?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back