The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh*

There is a reason why i said "Free at the point of service" and not "Free".

In many countries you fund the health care system both indirectly through taxes but also at the point of service.

Without wanting to appear pedantic - BUT..........

It wasn't a question of how many times you're charged, or charged by an 'extras required' service. I'm on about our NHS, not anywhere else. We fund it through taxation. It simply isn't free - at point of service or anything else.

Final YouGov poll (huge sample size of 10,000)

Con: 34%, Lab 34%, UKIP 12%, LD 10%

The predicted outcome of that in terms of seats is: Con 284, Lab 263.

So basically, we get to enjoy another election in a few months time.

Some research on the positive impacts of drama in school found that students who regularly participate:

1. are assessed more highly by their teachers in all aspects,
2. feel more confident in reading and understanding tasks,
3. feel more confident in communication,
4. are more likely to feel that they are creative,
5. like going to school more,
6. enjoy school activities more,
7. are better at problem solving,
8.are better at coping with stress,

http://www.languagelearning.eu/BPn 7_EN_DICE.pdf

"Worthless"

I know the thresholds, and I know how far £21k gets you when you're trying to get a mortgage and support a family. The last thing you need is your account being emptied more each month because of extortionate university fees.
As I understand, the fees repayment is actually less punitive than under the old fees system, in terms of monthly deductions. You have to pay them for many more months, sure, but it should actually be easier to initially manage for new graduates.

It wasn't a question of how many times you're charged, or charged by an 'extras required' service. I'm on about our NHS, not anywhere else. We fund it through taxation. It simply isn't free - at point of service or anything else.

You're not being pedantic, i'm afraid you just didn't understand what i originally said.

The NHS is free at the point of service. You do not pay anything, at the point of service. That is a fact, and is what i stated. I did not say the NHS is free, that's why i said 'at the point of service'.

I still don't see where it mentions changes in benefits costing the country. I'd like you to start with that, please.

FFS if you can't see that a country is the people who live in it then there's not a lot of hope. What else are we all here for if not to create societies?

The point is you don't pay more if you're sick than if you're healthy.

That's what paying at point of service means, that you're paying for the specific service which you don't in the nhs.

Science helps us live. Art is what we live for.

A doctors a necessity? Yes.
Are actors a necessity? No.

It could be argued that science is keeping too many people alive and contributing to over population and world hunger........I can also do this in mime........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back