The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
£90 a month is coffee money? What world are you living in?

My girlfriend has moved out of her family home and has practically nothing left by the end of the month. Imagine if she was using that wage to support a family.

Tell her to move back into the family home then........

Nice one!

I'm super glad that drama is taught at school. If it helps kids perform and feel better, who isn't all for it?!

Entirely supplementing a £9000 per year tuition fee for a degree in drama, however, is not acceptable.

Next time you decide to Google "benefits of drama", actually read what I was talking about first.

Two children grow up together through school. One grows up to be a gifted actor with a real interest in the arts. Another grows up to be gifted engineer. They both choose to study their preferred subjects at university with a hope of going into their respective fields when they leave. The engineer is told he can study for free. The actor is told he has to pay £9000 a year. Both will leave university and enter jobs which will both enrich and fulfil their own lives and the lives of others in a complexity of differences. Why is this fair?

Well its nearly time to vote,
its going to be interesting at least, if the snp does as well as expected and the tories win we could have a government that has no seats in two of the country's that make up the union that will throw up some questions , basically English's rule the celts will go mad

Your argument is all over the place. You were slating Drama classes and now you're saying you are glad they are taught in school.

I don't think anybody disagreed, aside from one poster, that Drama studies should be paid for by the person studying. However, you called Drama a "Luxury", that is the nonsense that most people took issue with.

Drama degrees are a luxury. STEM degrees are not. If people want to disagree, that's absolutely fine, but ask yourself honestly: who does the government value more? The man who gets kids acting like trees for an hour or the one who's developing fuel-efficient engines, life-saving medical equipment and commerce-generating pharmaceuticals?

That is why some parties want to either lower, or scrap, tuition fees for STEM degrees. They add more to the country. They want to encourage more people to go into the STEM field. If someone wants to go into drama, cool. They should be doing it because they have a passion for the subject and should be prepared to pay for it.

£90 a month is coffee money? What world are you living in?

My girlfriend has moved out of her family home and has practically nothing left by the end of the month. Imagine if she was using that wage to support a family.

A Costa per day can easily cost you £90 over a month.

Well its nearly time to vote,
its going to be interesting at least, if the snp does as well as expected and the tories win we could have a government that has no seats in two of the country's that make up the union that will throw up some questions , basically English's rule the celts will go mad

This is my win win scenario and then the Scots will bugger off...........

Two children grow up together through school. One grows up to be a gifted actor with a real interest in the arts. Another grows up to be gifted engineer. They both choose to study their preferred subjects at university with a hope of going into their respective fields when they leave. The engineer is told he can study for free. The actor is told he has to pay £9000 a year. Both will leave university and enter jobs which will both enrich and fulfil their own lives and the lives of others in a complexity of differences. Why is this fair?

Now you're into the realms of "muh feelings".

The world isn't fair. There isn't a demand for actors and musicians like there is doctors and engineers.

The second acting can cure a fever, I'm sure that'll change.

No, teaching jobs in Northern Ireland are extremely difficult to come by so she had to move over here in order to find employment.

I apologise for my flippant remarks. She is obviously made from good stuff and any deprivation suffered today will stand her in good stead for tomorrow. I wish you both the best........

Drama degrees are a luxury. STEM degrees are not. If people want to disagree, that's absolutely fine, but ask yourself honestly: who does the government value more? The man who gets kids acting like trees for an hour or the one who's developing fuel-efficient engines, life-saving medical equipment and commerce-generating pharmaceuticals?

That is why some parties want to either lower, or scrap, tuition fees for STEM degrees. They add more to the country. They want to encourage more people to go into the STEM field. If someone wants to go into drama, cool. They should be doing it because they have a passion for the subject and should be prepared to pay for it.

You are clearly biased on this issue and your knowledge of drama and the teaching of drama is limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back