The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not like a monthly payment. It's a couple of quid every day. Something that thousands upon thousands of people will spend without even thinking of the accumulative cost. Something that so many students participate in.

Fair enough, mate. We're definitely not going to be agreeing on this point any time soon so I'll leave it there. Good debate all the same.

Or both are unfortunate not to secure jobs in their chosen careers, but one gets off fee free, the other is lumbered with debt. The whole idea is just daft.

Which he does not have to pay until he gets a job paying over £21,000 p/a, and if he's unfortunate and doesn't ever get a job paying that much, after 30 years his loan is scrapped anyway so he won't have to repay a thing!

OTE="Toffeelover, post: 3538307, member: 17714"]It has been like that since the Anglo-Saxon invasion centuries ago! with a few little fillips along the way like Vikings, Danes, Normans, Hugenouts, and a few more bits along the way.[/QUOTE]
Natural order I suppose

Fair enough, mate. We're definitely not going to be agreeing on this point any time soon so I'll leave it there. Good debate all the same.

Sure thing. Arguing aside, I'd love for tuition fees to be lowered but I can accept the debt I'm taking on.

Which he does not have to pay until he gets a job paying over £21,000 p/a, and if he's unfortunate and doesn't ever get a job paying that much, after 30 years his loan is scrapped anyway so he won't have to repay a thing!
Yes, I know that, but my point still stands. One holds a huge debt, the other doesn't.

So, you have to take a drama degree to be able to design an aerodynamic and attractive sports car?

Crap. Better go tell Aston Martin to fire their employees and start getting actors.

No, you miss my point. I originally qualified as an engineer. I understand good design. I also understand the benefits that any form of artistic development can have both in the world of art and entertainment as well as in the more practical fields of civil, electrical and mechanical engineering. I have one son who studied Chemistry and Biochemistry and have another who studied Fine Art. They both make a contribution to the world in which we live, to dismiss either is to show a lack of understanding...........

If this graduate tax is such a good idea, why isn't it applied retrospectively to previous graduates. It'd be quite easy to implement a system where anyone with a degree paid an extra penny in the pound for example.

No, you miss my point. I originally qualified as an engineer. I understand good design. I also understand the benefits that any form of artistic development can have both in the world of art and entertainment as well as in the more practical fields of civil, electrical and mechanical engineering. I have one son who studied Chemistry and Biochemistry and have another who studied Fine Art. They both make a contribution to the world in which we live, to dismiss either is to show a lack of understanding...........
And respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back