The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PROTECT MY INTERESTS!" NEWS:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/election-2...depends-stopping-miliband-becoming-pm-1497507

"Rupert Murdoch has warned journalists at his Sun newspaper "the future of the company" depends on them stopping Ed Miliband becoming prime minister, according to reports.

The owner of the UK's biggest selling tabloid has told its reporters to be more aggressive in their attacks on the Labour leader in a bid to try and influence the outcome of the 7 May general election.

Murdoch, whose News UK owns The Sun as well as The Times and Sunday Times, warned a Labour government would implement a rule which states no owner would be allowed to control more than 34% of the UK media, meaning the 84-year-old may have to sell one of his titles.

Election 2015: Does anyone really listen to the Sun?
Murdoch is said to have told The Sun editor David Dinsmore the paper needs to increase its attacks on Miliband as well as shine a more positive light on the Conservative's achievements since they've been in power.

A source told the Independent: "Rupert made it very clear he was unhappy with The Sun's coverage of the election. He basically said the future of the company was at stake and they need to get their act together.""

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And people wonder why some call for a revolution.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/election-2...depends-stopping-miliband-becoming-pm-1497507

"Rupert Murdoch has warned journalists at his Sun newspaper "the future of the company" depends on them stopping Ed Miliband becoming prime minister, according to reports.

The owner of the UK's biggest selling tabloid has told its reporters to be more aggressive in their attacks on the Labour leader in a bid to try and influence the outcome of the 7 May general election.

Murdoch, whose News UK owns The Sun as well as The Times and Sunday Times, warned a Labour government would implement a rule which states no owner would be allowed to control more than 34% of the UK media, meaning the 84-year-old may have to sell one of his titles.

Murdoch is said to have told The Sun editor David Dinsmore the paper needs to increase its attacks on Miliband as well as shine a more positive light on the Conservative's achievements since they've been in power.

A source told the Independent: "Rupert made it very clear he was unhappy with The Sun's coverage of the election. He basically said the future of the company was at stake and they need to get their act together.""

Can't wait for Ed to put him in his place. There's more than a touch of personal there.

I think there's a sinister aspect to this, separate from the politics - "tell them what I want them to know".

That's actually very frightening if you think about it.

Sir Alan Duncan, former Tory Minister speaking on Newsnight demonstrated more than anything else in this election why we need change.

He spoke of the difficulties Miliband would face in altering the status quo (relating to opportunity and equality).

It is because the status quo is so embedded in British society that we need a Labour government, not a reason for not having one as Duncan claimed.

Sir Alan Duncan, former Tory Minister speaking on Newsnight demonstrated more than anything else in this election why we need change.

He spoke of the difficulties Miliband would face in altering the status quo (relating to opportunity and equality).

It is because the status quo is so embedded in British society that we need a Labour government, not a reason for not having one as Duncan claimed.
Tory thinking once again being ar$e about tit

I wanted to post a Status Quo joke but it'd be way too forced :(

Instead I'll say I'm surprised that's coming from a Conservative but fair play to him for speaking his mind. I seem to remember Portillo being gracious in defeat in 1997 too, as was John Major.

It's a shame that politicians only seem decent when they're not politicians anymore. I'll be voting Labour, but I'm not sure I trust them anymore than any other party, although I'm not voting for them simply for the sake of it - there are reasons for me voting Labour of course.

Feel a bit sorry for Vince. Nice fella by all accounts. Should've defected to Labour once the coalition was formed.
If Clegg loses his seat, which is a possibility, Cable may become their leader, and perhaps we'll have a Lib/Lab coalition. The one everyone though would happen last time round?

Conjecture, of course. I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back