The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are clearly biased on this issue and your knowledge of drama and the teaching of drama is limited.

I actually threw that in for a laugh, but it certainly does happen. I've done it. My friends have done it. I know kids in school now that do it.

Even so, saying I'm biased against the subject does not lessen the value of the points I've made at all. Of course I'm biased against it. Everyone is biased against anything that they disagree with.

Final YouGov poll (huge sample size of 10,000)

Con: 34%, Lab 34%, UKIP 12%, LD 10%

The predicted outcome of that in terms of seats is: Con 284, Lab 263.

So basically, we get to enjoy another election in a few months time.

Not quite where is the SNP figure?

Now you're into the realms of "muh feelings".

The world isn't fair. There isn't a demand for actors and musicians like there is doctors and engineers.

The second acting can cure a fever, I'm sure that'll change.

The day a doctor can inspire someone to design the shape of a sports car they'll get a decent wage.........oh and Paul McCartney sends his love........

The point being, who has £90 spare for Costa's by the end of the month?

It's not like a monthly payment. It's a couple of quid every day. Something that thousands upon thousands of people will spend without even thinking of the accumulative cost. Something that so many students participate in.

The day a doctor can inspire someone to design the shape of a sports car they'll get a decent wage.........oh and Paul McCartney sends his love........

So, you have to take a drama degree to be able to design an aerodynamic and attractive sports car?

Crap. Better go tell Aston Martin to fire their employees and start getting actors.

Drama degrees are a luxury. STEM degrees are not. If people want to disagree, that's absolutely fine, but ask yourself honestly: who does the government value more? The man who gets kids acting like trees for an hour or the one who's developing fuel-efficient engines, life-saving medical equipment and commerce-generating pharmaceuticals?

That is why some parties want to either lower, or scrap, tuition fees for STEM degrees. They add more to the country. They want to encourage more people to go into the STEM field. If someone wants to go into drama, cool. They should be doing it because they have a passion for the subject and should be prepared to pay for it.

Is everything merited by financial/ material value with you? There was me thinking that a lot of actors are better paid than most. Not all - but a lot of them are.

I mean, what next? Should kids at our academy pay for their coaching? After all - what do they produce?

Is everything merited by financial/ material value with you? There was me thinking that a lot of actors are better paid than most. Not all - but a lot of them are.

I mean, what next? Should kids at our academy pay for their coaching? After all - what do they produce?

You'd think when I mentioned "life-saving medial equipment" you'd have realised the answer to your question...

Two children grow up together through school. One grows up to be a gifted actor with a real interest in the arts. Another grows up to be gifted engineer. They both choose to study their preferred subjects at university with a hope of going into their respective fields when they leave. The engineer is told he can study for free. The actor is told he has to pay £9000 a year. Both will leave university and enter jobs which will both enrich and fulfil their own lives and the lives of others in a complexity of differences. Why is this fair?
Or both are unfortunate not to secure jobs in their chosen careers, but one gets off fee free, the other is lumbered with debt. The whole idea is just daft.

Well its nearly time to vote,
its going to be interesting at least, if the snp does as well as expected and the tories win we could have a government that has no seats in two of the country's that make up the union that will throw up some questions , basically English's rule the celts will go mad

It has been like that since the Anglo-Saxon invasion centuries ago! with a few little fillips along the way like Vikings, Danes, Normans, Hugenouts, and a few more bits along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back