The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they would swing anywhere to get power - how they provided over IDS tactics on all aspects of welfare is a guide they have lost my vote the tory voters may save Cleggs seat for him!
Otherwise he would or maybe a unelected MP one can hope!

Unfortunately he'll win Sheffield Hallam. Tactical voting in epic proportions going on there. The Tory vote will be non-existent but go to LD to keep Labour out, I'm guessing by about 2,000 votes.

It's a logical point you make about them and their long stated views advocating pluralism in government. But Clegg has pretty much laid out his basis for coalition and he's already caved in on the EU issue to facilitate it happening with the Tories.

Only if Labour had the largest amount of seats - pretty much not going to happen - will they turn toward them.

He was a conservative at university. His first job in politics was leon brittan's bumboy speechwriter. Essentially, he's a tory at heart.

Unfortunately he'll win Sheffield Hallam. Tactical voting in epic proportions going on there. The Tory vote will be non-existent but go to LD to keep Labour out, I'm guessing by about 2,000 votes.

He could still end up losing his position as party leader if they lose 25-30 odd seats.

and more than £200,000 spent on campaigning in the last two weeks.....

Danny Alexander is quite literally the biggest Tory I've ever seen - yet apparently not a Tory. Politics can be strange sometimes.

Agreed.

As someone posted a muppet before - Danny Alexander deserves to look like this - if only for charging the taxpayer £000's flying his kids down to londinium every bleedin' weekend

th

Well the thought that the two Ed's and the SNP might get in are having the inevitable effect. The £ is down, the FTSE is down and borrowing (bond) interest rates are going up..........expect the job losses to follow.........

The pound being down isn't always a bad thing, trade wise...

Not sure how they do it these days, they're moving away from the unions in general I think.

Just checked the odds - surprised to see Burnham as the favourite, with Cooper (no chance) in 2nd and Umunna only 3rd.

If I were a betting man I'd definitely put money on Umunna at 6/1; it's a nap in my view.

Cooper for me.

vince cable seems pretty sensible, i can imagine him in a lib/lab coalition

Often overlooked that Cuddly Vince was one of the Orange Bookers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back