The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile Guardian/ICM shows Labour 35% Conservative 34%. Seems like a definite move towards Labour in the last few days of the Polls.

"It comes from a very ancient democracy, you see...."
"You mean, it comes from a world of lizards?"
"No," said Ford, who by this time was a little more rational and coherent than he had been, having finally had the coffee forced down him, "nothing so simple. Nothing anything like so straightforward. On its world, the people are people. The leaders are lizards. The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford. "It is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them," said Ford. "They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates to the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards?"
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard," said Ford, "the wrong lizard might get in."

-- Douglas Adams, So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish (1984) Ch. 36.

Well the thought that the two Ed's and the SNP might get in are having the inevitable effect. The £ is down, the FTSE is down and borrowing (bond) interest rates are going up..........expect the job losses to follow.........

"No," said Ford, who by this time was a little more rational and coherent than he had been, having finally had the coffee forced down him, "nothing so simple. Nothing anything like so straightforward. On its world, the people are people. The leaders are lizards. The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them," said Ford. "They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates to the government they want."
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard," said Ford, "the wrong lizard might get in."

Hahahaha.....spot on.........

Yep this nails it really.

For me, it's like choosing to get beat up by a prime Mike Tyson, or get beat up by some muscular fella down the road. You'll get a hiding either way, but at least with the fella down the road you're more likely to live through it.

What will be really interesting is the week that follows tonight - Cameron will throw his toys out of the pram spectacularly and attempt to cause a constitutional crisis if they have the most seats. It's going to be effectively a political class war played out in the generally right wing biased media.

Well the thought that the two Ed's and the SNP might get in are having the inevitable effect. The £ is down[1], the FTSE is down[2] and borrowing (bond) interest rates are going up[3]..........expect the job losses to follow.........

It's alright Pete - they can all work for their dole & do their bit to help the faltering economy........

Meanwhile Guardian/ICM shows Labour 35% Conservative 34%. Seems like a definite move towards Labour in the last few days of the Polls.

Last hour or so Electoral Forecast (Newsnight's predictor) has moved from its overnight Con 281 Lab 266 to its final call of Con 278 Lab 267.

I think it's all about reining in the Tory + LD seat total now. If Labour can limit it to them not even being enough with a DUP understanding the jigs up for Cameron.

The pollsters have it all level pegging and the forecasters have the sums favouring a centre-left bloc over the Tory led potential bloc. I wonder whether they can all be wrong at this stage. I'm beginning to doubt it myself, and I've been of the view all along that Con+LD+DUP gets the keys to No.!0.

Last hour or so Electoral Forecast (Newsnight's predictor) has moved from its overnight Con 281 Lab 266 to its final call of Con 278 Lab 267.

I think it's all about reining in the Tory + LD seat total now. If Labour can limit it to them not even being enough with a DUP understanding the jigs up for Cameron.

The pollsters have it all level pegging and the forecasters have the sums favouring a centre-left bloc over the Tory led potential bloc. I wonder whether they can all be wrong at this stage. I'm beginning to doubt it myself, and I've been of the view all along that Con+LD+DUP gets the keys to No.!0.

I'd be astonished if the Lib Dem party core would vote for another coalition with the Tories which effectively supported a referendum on the EU. I mean, I know Clegg is a political whore, but there's a line surely?

Just voted ;apparently a trickle of voters all day. Means a higher turnout then in my experience. Didn't even know there was local election today.
Filled in a You Gov poll today about possible scenarios after today. One question was about possible future Labour leaders. I went for Andy Burnham - any thoughts ? Pity Alan Johnson has no wish for the job.

Surely that logic would only work if everyone was placing bets of the same value.

Why? that would imply financial and gambling disparity between different party supporters, and that is not shown to be the case.

Anyway, swinging a bit back towards Red Ed now. :)
knife edge and all that.

Just voted ;apparently a trickle of voters all day. Means a higher turnout then in my experience. Didn't even know there was local election today.
Filled in a You Gov poll today about possible scenarios after today. One question was about possible future Labour leaders. I went for Andy Burnham - any thoughts ? Pity Alan Johnson has no wish for the job.

Chuka Umunna is being groomed for it. Burnham is a very long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back