The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
End of the day, the electorate vote and make their choice. If that doesn't fit with your political viewpoint ( and a Tory led government wouldn't be my choice ) , that's tough, it's called democracy.

That's the thing though, so many others seemed to think the same, but if they did we wouldn't have had the result we're looking like we've had

The Tories are still very much the "nasty" party and there's a good chunk of people who are quietly voting for them

Just incredible that such subterfuge is afoot

The result is what it is

I'm openly Tory... IF anyone bothers to ask me.
If not, I keep it to myself. It's about having the gumption to vote according to your principles rather than shouting about the perceived injustices in life. You make out of it what you will.

A friend of mine wrote this, and I couldn't agree with him more, despite that we don't always see eye to eye.

Possibly the most Thatcherite thing ever written on this Forum.

I'm not ultimately bothered about people voting Tory if they're honest about it.

You can vote for whoever you want. If we disagree, we disagree

It's the possibility of people acting in public like they're anti-Tory (Because let's face it The Tories are horrible) but then doing something else in the polling booth that's winding me up

If you're going to support The Tories, at least have the minerals to be honest about it. That's all

Why ?

It's an election, you stick your cross on a piece of paper in a private booth for a reason. The problem with this thread is that it mirrors society in that there are a few people who make a lot of noise, but they don't reflect society. Most people in life just get on with it and don't feel the need to shout out their political feelings in public. Polls are just that, polls. It's the actual vote that matters. Even now, the exit poll is just that, a poll. It may well be that people wake up tomorrow to a very different story.

Please point out where the DUP have been associated with terrorists Dave. I live in Northern Ireland. The only party to advocate terrorism is Sinn Fein. Sorry, not advocate but tolerate, in case I'm taken up by some pedant.

Rumours on twitter that it is looking like Clegg has lost his seat to Labour and Ed Balls has lost his to the Tories...

Can definitely see Balls losing his seat - Clegg, no chance.

Also, it's 47 minutes into the counting - there couldn't possibly be an accurate rumour yet apart from in Sunderland etc.

The polls are all over the place and the BBC poll is so far away from every other poll taken in the run up, that it's highly unlikely to be correct imo.

Don't open the bleach yet lads

So where's the best place in Germany to live? I loved Berlin when over there for a week but I'm not keen on big city living.

I've seen some weird stuff posted about politics but someone claiming there's no link between the political parties in northern ireland and the paramilitaries that used to operate there is right up there with the weirdest.
I watch there leaders debate the other day all the DUP did was go on about the past and even the ulster unionist fella was having a go at him.
Ps at this time in 1992 the exit polls had kinnock as pm by a margin

I'm not being funny but why couldn't you biffs get this animated over El Fraudo taking us in to oblivion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back