The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As societies grow decadent, the language grows decadent, too. Words are used to disguise,not to illuminate, action.You liberate a city by destroying it. Words are used to confuse,so that at election time people will solemnly vote against their own interests - Gore Vidal

The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principal is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over.
Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play - Josef Goebbels

As societies grow decadent, the language grows decadent, too. Words are used to disguise,not to illuminate, action.You liberate a city by destroying it. Words are used to confuse,so that at election time people will solemnly vote against their own interests - Gore Vidal

The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principal is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over.
Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play - Josef Goebbels
soooooooooo riot?

Haha, you're right. I'm not talking about the folks who just want to have a natter about politics, that's fine, but there have been quite a few people in this thread with very strong views. I'd say some of the angst and effort put into this thread could have been put to much better use.

I'm very much a fence sitter these days, so I'm not really politically active any more, but if I was as passionate about politics as some of the folks on here, I'd have got off my arse and done something about it. Some of them probably did just that, some of them probably aren't, for various reasons able to do so, but politics isn't just about a few folks in Westminster, it's about ordinary folks doing some legwork too.

Its just politics, led by lizards......if we want to change anything we have to do it ourselves.......anyway, this result could still go all over the place. I'll be happy if Ed Balls gets thrown out..........

Politics always ends up in a fight on here.

I'm sticking to the football financial threads and ripping Liverpool witchhunt. where its safe.

Agreed....VOTE TORY........

8000 UKIPPERS in a Labour stronghold. I fear in the marginals the Lab to UKIP swing has been much bigger than anticipated and more importantly much bigger than the UKIP Tory swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back