The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grow up, if you think Tories are just naturally nasty and meaner than others then you don't understand the concept of "conservatism" (small "c") at all.

Those who quietly go about their day to day business, working harder to improve their lives, living within their means, saving for a rainy day... those are the traditional conservative values.

You missed out "despising the poor" in that list mate.LOLZ

This is the Alehouse mate.......

Haha, you're right. I'm not talking about the folks who just want to have a natter about politics, that's fine, but there have been quite a few people in this thread with very strong views. I'd say some of the angst and effort put into this thread could have been put to much better use.

I'm very much a fence sitter these days, so I'm not really politically active any more, but if I was as passionate about politics as some of the folks on here, I'd have got off my arse and done something about it. Some of them probably did just that, some of them probably aren't, for various reasons able to do so, but politics isn't just about a few folks in Westminster, it's about ordinary folks doing some legwork too.

Grow up, if you think Tories are just naturally nasty and meaner than others then you don't understand the concept of "conservatism" (small "c") at all.

Those who quietly go about their day to day business, working harder to improve their lives, living within their means, saving for a rainy day... can't afford something? Then improve yourself, save, work to improve your situation... those are the traditional conservative values.
well done for proving @Mikey_Fitzgerald 's point

Those who quietly go about their day to day business, working harder to improve their lives, living within their means, saving for a rainy day... can't afford something? Then improve yourself, save, work to improve your situation... those are the traditional conservative values.

I'm not having a go at them mate. Read my post again

I'm having a go at someone who will make noise about being Anti Tory in public, but will then go and vote for them on the quiet

Some of that HAS to have been going on for the polls to be so off

Haha, you're right. I'm not talking about the folks who just want to have a natter about politics, that's fine, but there have been quite a few people in this thread with very strong views. I'd say some of the angst and effort put into this thread could have been put to much better use.

I'm very much a fence sitter these days, so I'm not really politically active any more, but if I was as passionate about politics as some of the folks on here, I'd have got off my arse and done something about it. Some of them probably did just that, some of them probably aren't, for various reasons able to do so, but politics isn't just about a few folks in Westminster, it's about ordinary folks doing some legwork too.

Weird thing for me is I don't have a party I identify strong enough with to be a member. Irritating in a way as I love "the game".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back