Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear. This is just reaffirming that the Lib Dems have basically gone full on kamikaze and secured a Tory win by going into coalition with them in 2010. Their seats will be cut dramatically, their percentage swing is dismal, and their votes are largely being shared out in favour of the Tories. This is incredibly depressing.

I believe the SNP effect has robbed Labour of any chance in this election by strengthening the Conservative vote........

Exactly right. That's what I mean by handing the Tories the keys. The irony is massive, and if I were Labour I'd be ramming it down Scottish throats for the next five years - they self harmed themselves through nationalism.

It's an election reaffirming just how short-termist the decision to go into coalition was by the Lib Dems. They sold out every single bit of their identity to the point where they're an absolute nothing party now. What do you vote for them for exactly? If you want Labour, you vote Labour, and if you want the Tories, you vote Tory. Saying you're a halfway house between the two does absolutely nothing.

Exactly right. That's what I mean by handing the Tories the keys. The irony is massive, and if I were Labour I'd be ramming it down Scottish throats for the next five years - they self harmed themselves through nationalism.

Nearly. Labour harmed themselves in creating nationalist blocs........

It's an election reaffirming just how short-termist the decision to go into coalition was by the Lib Dems. They sold out every single bit of their identity to the point where they're an absolute nothing party now. What do you vote for them for exactly? If you want Labour, you vote Labour, and if you want the Tories, you vote Tory. Saying you're a halfway house between the two does absolutely nothing.

They've got what they deserved. Clegg is an abomination, he's completely killed the party.

It's definitely a possibility now, even the most optimistic of Tory strategist wouldn't have thought that was on the cards.

Oh absolutely, on what we've seen so far, this is way beyond their wildest dreams. I'm still a little cautious though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back