Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've won Chester im hearing. Gone to a second recount though it's that close

I said a few days ago if we take Wirral West, Chester and Warrington South Ed would be PM. I was bullish on all 3 (Until yesterday's walkabout in Warrington). Can not believe its unravelled so much in 24 hours. We've taken 2/3 unofficially I think with the other still counting yet everywhere else we've been decimated.

The marginals close to here have all had significant support from Labour safe seats in Liverpool. Maybe the extra boots on the ground made the difference, in other places they don't have the luxury of a cluster of safe labour seats close by. Maybe the campaign officers wern't as effective elsewhere with the organisation. Plenty of searching questions. It's far too much of a coincidence that 2 maybe 3 of the very few gains made were in a 20 mile radius. I'll leave the infighting till conference but there are some very odd trends in voting patterns

The right of the party will want ultra Blairite Chuka Umunna
The left of the party will want Brownite Andy Burnham

Given both Miliband and and Ed Balls were Brownites I fear for Andys chances. The unions will back him but he'll still need strong support from the party members & MPs, not sure he'll get it.

Given that UKIP vote share is Britain ready for an ethnic minority major party leader? Sadly I think not. What an awful night on so many levels.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the breakup of the union, leaving the EU, five more years of austerity and shopping for health insurance.

Given both Miliband and and Ed Balls were Brownites I fear for Andys chances. The unions will back him but he'll still need strong support from the party members & MPs, not sure he'll get it.

Given that UKIP vote share is Britain ready for an ethnic minority major party leader? Sadly I think not. What an awful night on so many levels.
Yvette Cooper?

I said a few days ago if we take Wirral West, Chester and Warrington South Ed would be PM. I was bullish on all 3 (Until yesterday's walkabout in Warrington). Can not believe its unravelled so much in 24 hours. We've taken 2/3 unofficially I think with the other still counting yet everywhere else we've been decimated.

The marginals close to here have all had significant support from Labour safe seats in Liverpool. Maybe the extra boots on the ground made the difference, in other places they don't have the luxury of a cluster of safe labour seats close by. Maybe the campaign officers wern't as effective elsewhere with the organisation. Plenty of searching questions. It's far too much of a coincidence that 2 maybe 3 of the very few gains made were in a 20 mile radius. I'll leave the infighting till conference but there are some very odd trends in voting patterns

Never underestimate the L P's ability to elect a tool. 2020 can be written off right now unless the party comes up with an answer to the Sottish Question, develops a more coherent economic argument and has a leader who appeals across the piece. It's the most lacklustre front bench we've had in my memory but Yvette Cooper has a strength which Burnham seems to lack. Not entirely sure who Chuka would appeal to outside London.

No such thing as personal responsibility, is there... everything bad is always someone else's fault.
Every government has a collective responsibility to look after all of its citizens. The last lot are already being investigated by the UN in regards to the impact of their policies on the disabled. With 12b more to come off the welfare it isn't going to get any better.

Never underestimate the L P's ability to elect a tool. 2020 can be written off right now unless the party comes up with an answer to the Sottish Question, develops a more coherent economic argument and has a leader who appeals across the piece. It's the most lacklustre front bench we've had in my memory but Yvette Cooper has a strength which Burnham seems to lack. Not entirely sure who Chuka would appeal to outside London.
If the SNP can't take anything substantial from westminister, assuming scotland is still part of the union, could that not swing back to Labour as the only real alternative

I hear Labour will take Chester too. Shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back