Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Utterly ridiculous LOL

There are going to be people like that who will be directly affected by this new government in that way.

It may sound melodramatic but it's the reality of the situation - by Tory own admission with the £12bn cut. Apparently, that's a price worth paying for... some reason, I dunno.

..........hearing as expected that the Ginger Rodent has lost his seat, rich reward for costing up to George for 5 years. Bye Bye Danny. Simon Hughes has also gone, remember him getting his facts wrong criticising Liverpool City Council. Bye bye Simon. Perhaps the best of all is Esther McVey losing Wirral West, delighted local voters have seen through her arrogance. Bye bye Esther.

Every cloud and all that.

There are going to be people like that who will be directly affected by this new government in that way.

It may sound melodramatic but it's the reality of the situation - by Tory own admission with the £12bn cut. Apparently, that's a price worth paying for... some reason, I dunno.

18 months ago Cameron was a pariah within his own party, ultra vulnerable. Persisting with the utterly incapable Milliband / Balls duo cost this country its chance at a credible opposition

Clegg's own power lust has just nearly wiped out one of the oldest parties in British political history

There is a lot of "blame the public" tosh being peddled here, but unless we broke away from a homogenised political offering we had, what else were they to do?

It's as though everyone has taken a small step to the right though. Not that SNP are right wing but their nationalist argument is what differentiates them. Lib-Dem's moved to Conservative and even the Conservatives lost a lot of votes to UKIP (it just didn't translate into seats).

It's a trend right across Europe.

It'd be a blessing in disguise if he goes really. He's been a horrendous weak link.

......bit too early for a post mortem but there surely has to be a clear out at the top. Some good people but they don't resonate with the public. Balls might be a goner which is a true reflection of how he is viewed, Harriet Harman et al have to consider a walk to the back benches and Milliband consider his own future.

18 months ago Cameron was a pariah within his own party, ultra vulnerable. Persisting with the utterly incapable Milliband / Balls duo cost this country its chance at a credible opposition

Clegg's own power lust has just nearly wiped out one of the oldest parties in British political history

There is a lot of "blame the public" tosh being peddled here, but unless we broke away from a homogenised political offering we had, what else were they to do?

I think it's fairly clear the two factors that determined this was an anti-English sentiment in Scotland, weaponising the SNP to threaten English politics, which in turn allowed the Tories to play the politics of fear with an Anti-Scotland threat.

So what we have left is an insular looking country, utterly insecure in its' own standing, with no social conscience beyond what happens to middle Britain.

I agree that the leadership has proven to be a weakness - although Miliband for me did a lot, lot better than I thought I would. Balls has always been a liability, but I don't think economics has played that big a role in this result; I think fear has.

329 is a staggering result. Ed to be gone within 24 hours, sad way to bow out. Nothing but respect for trying to stand up against the establishment and status quo. Despite the vicious attacks he ran a dignified campaign, on the surface much much better than Camerons but hey what do I know. Suppose theres a reason Lynton Crosby earns £500k a year from the tories.

He quantified how much value there was in negativity. Helped, let it be said, by Labour's inability to come up with convincing, short answers to the S N P and economic questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back