The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the exit poll was more or less right.

Unfortunately, the Labour party shot itself in the foot when it elected Ed Milliband, whose been seen as weak and ineffective by the electorate, and probably a bit too far to the left as well. THey desperately need to get it right when he's replaced and think about giving themselves the best chance of winning an election.

I didn't get to vote, which I'm really annoyed about. My poling station was back by my parent's house and I'm 250 miles away. Didn't get things sorted out in time!

I would have voted Conservative, though. I voted for them in the last general election too. Stability was the key for me this time around.

I didn't get to vote, which I'm really annoyed about. My poling station was back by my parent's house and I'm 250 miles away. Didn't get things sorted out in time!

I would have voted Conservative, though. I voted for them in the last general election too. Stability was the key for me this time around.

If you think that the break up of the Union and an exit from Europe equates to stability its probably best that you didn't vote.

They say you get the government you deserve. Too many people have voted with a blind eye to poverty or a way to make the lives of the poor better. I think the saying is true in this instance.

So, the exit poll was more or less right.

Unfortunately, the Labour party shot itself in the foot when it elected Ed Milliband, whose been seen as weak and ineffective by the electorate, and probably a bit too far to the left as well. THey desperately need to get it right when he's replaced and think about giving themselves the best chance of winning an election.

Do you think it was really down to Ed? I thought he did a lot better during the campaign than anyone would have thought. Certainly in a personality sense, which appeared to be the main concern with him.

If you think that the break up of the Union and an exit from Europe equates to stability its probably best that you didn't vote.

Despite there being a referendum on EU membership, I'd be absolutely amazed if an out vote succeeded. As for the breakup of the Union, that appears to be inevitable given how things have gone in Scotland. Still can't quite get my head around Douglas Alexander being beaten by a 20 year old student. Strange times.

Remember folks, Gideon has a history degree, an 'O' level in maths and utter disdain for the working classes.

Yes folks......That's what an eton education gets you! Folding towels in a department store more than qualifies you to control the finances of one of the biggest economies on the planet.

Do you think it was really down to Ed? I thought he did a lot better during the campaign than anyone would have thought. Certainly in a personality sense, which appeared to be the main concern with him.

Despite there being a referendum on EU membership, I'd be absolutely amazed if an out vote succeeded. As for the breakup of the Union, that appears to be inevitable given how things have gone in Scotland. Still can't quite get my head around Douglas Alexander being beaten by a 20 year old student. Strange times.

Even a referendum will cause instability. There will be a lot of finance leaving the country in preparation for the worst.

Do you think it was really down to Ed?
Not all of it no, but definitely a contributing factor. People who were following the campaign closely were saying nice things about him, but from what I saw of him, he didn't look like a man who'd be comfortable leading the country.

Finding someone with more about him or her than David Cameron who's equally insipid shouldn't have been that hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back