The Absolute State of This Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure that's his point Matty lad, the whole saga of Mosh ownership is quite ridiculous, but before I go further, I wanted him, support his investment both on and off the field, but his approach for a successful businessman is rather concerning.

I'm sure there is a plan but, I genuinely can't see what it is, it's all very "scattergun" at present and has been, it appears since day one.

I said this previously but if you keep doing the same thing(hire, lose faith, sack) over and over again but expect different results and don't seem to learn from them, i5 begs the question regarding his Business Acumen in relation to his running of a football club.

No one wants the BK era Everton back, after all we have a new stadium, massive player outlay etc etc but NOTHING has changed on pitch.

We still aren't competing, we have huge financial issues, compounded by Covid, we are still to establish full clarity on Stadium funding, so WHAT IS THE PLAN EXACTLY?

It can't be to make money off of Everton, as we are so far off that for quite some time!

I don't see what the PLAN is, I'm sure some do but it ain't freaking obvious.

Eat, sleep, repeat ain't working tho.

Maybe Usmanov will make the difference.

I just don't see Mosh being successful and at what point does he cut his losses and leave us in a very, very dark situation?

we can just hope usmanov is actually coming aboard

but people who say they prefer it when we had BK as chairman are mad

No one person is to blame for where we are, it’s a combination of p!ss poor recruitment both on and off the pitch, no planning, no direction, no accountability, no desire to change and having no-one at the club with the Jacobs to actually stand up and demand more.

Kenwright and his romantic ‘That’s the Everton Way’ notions are still here

Koeman and Walsh rocketed the club back 10 years with god awful recruitment but we what did we expect? We gave our first substantial war chest to a glorified scout!

We panicked at the first sign of trouble and hired Sam Allardyce and then gladly let him waste 50m on two terrible players knowing full well he’d only be here half a season!

Brands who either isn’t allowed to do his job… or maybe doesn’t care about doing his job seeing as he gets a cool 2m and sits on the board so why rock the boat, or maybe it’s not even his job?? How would we know, no-one at the club actually communicates with the fans – well Denise Barrett-Baxendale’s lovely emails aside about fan lead reviews and how we took down the forces of evil by standing up to the ESL 6… aren’t we great? We really showed them! Btw if all deals expected to go throw this week happen, that same big 6 that nearly destroyed football for us all whilst claiming poverty, furloughing staff and taking massive Tory handouts will have spent around 665million on players.... just those 6 clubs alone.

Speaking of money we have Moshiri who, for all the money he’s thrown our way and for the stadium he’s going to deliver (which will quick rightly guarantee his legacy)… he can’t stand back and just hire the best people available to make those big footballing decisions or, going back to Brands, let those he already has at the club do the job we’re all lead to believe he’s there to do. This is a football club, not a vanity project and his ego is the catalyst to all our problems right now.

Finally the boys on the pitch. Let’s not beat around the bush, we have a team of mostly useless players!! a youth academy once praised for it's ability to constantly churn out decent players and even the occasional gem is all but no existent now and 4-5 decent first team players aside it’s the same squad that bottled it and got Silva the sack, the same squad that checked out under Ancelotti after we came back from the Covid break and the same squad that, after being 2nd on Boxing day only won 2 home games the rest of the season and fell off a cliff when Europe was within reach. They simply aren’t good enough and that's not just down to footballing ability but mentality wise the majority of them are losers and thanks to the gaggle of useless farts listed above and their constant mistakes we can’t do much about that now because we've played our hand, had our chance and now thanks to FFP can't even spend 15m on a RB.... and it doesn’t matter whether Carlo’s here, or Benitez is in charge or we had Pep in the dugout…. The team is not fit for purpose.

It'll be a long nothing season I fear, we won’t go down, we won’t make Europe, it’ll just be another season of us making up the numbers, having bursts of form, just long enough for us to think 'maybe this time it's different' before the players bottle it again. We'll get more sound bites about how the team want to win a trophy for the fans as we deserve it, more of us doing things the Everton Way and Blue Bill claiming he gets calls every day from other chairman asking what our secret is…. More Seamus rally cries after we don’t show up.

Ironically the only person right now I can’t throw blame at is Benitez…. Well, not for the mess we’re in anyway. It does feel like the club have a made to measure scape goat in him and personally, whilst I didn’t want him, I sort of hope he does what he’s done everywhere else and he challenges the board and owners. Someone needs too.

I'm not saying there's no point like some have because despite my ramblings above, it's Everton, I'll get behind them regardless of who the manager is and who the players are and when we win i will genuinely believe we're the greatest team in the world and we'll win the bloody lot and when we lose i will brace myself for a rapid decline into the lower divisions before coming to my senses. It's what we do.

We need a new plan, and hopefully we have one. Plan A was to fast track success by buying the best players from clubs below us, and some squad players from "big" clubs plus whoever we could get in terms of promising players from abroad. This plan led us to spend fortunes on transfers and wages and get nowhere. Plan B has to be to get younger players in on lower wages, so if they succeed we can up their wages, and if they don't they aren't expensive to keep or impossible to get rid of. We can subsidise these players with older, cheap or free transfers on short term deals or loans, as they aren't causing long term structural issues with finances. The worry going into this season is that Everton are not an attractive proposition for anyone. If you're a young player you'd go to Leicester, Palace, Villa, Southampton where you know you'll be developed and then sold to a big club without any fuss. If you're a more established player you'd go to a "big 6" club or abroad. We need to stand for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back