The Abuse of Heitinga on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubbish. It wouldn't be acceptable to abuse him like that in the street, it's not acceptable online. He shouldn't be forced to do anything because a bunch of utter t***s have issues.

30 odd thousand were giving him **** today mate, it's no different.

You're open to attack

There's a difference between abuse, threats and criticism. If it were the last I would be fine, everyone needs some sort of criticism at sometime but abuse and threats are bang out of order.

Getting on a players back during the match does absolutely NOTHING for him or the team. I'm not talking about the odd whinge or moan (as to be expected) but the hounding that he has been recieiving is not on.

I almost stopped going Goodison for a while because of the abuse Billy got v Man United last year. Was absolutely horrible to watch and for the first time ever I just thought the place was full of utter bellends. He was dire, but you could see the abuse was just making it worse. I remember shouting something like 'Billy keep your head up' only to have daggers on me from the people in front.

Heitinga IS a good player. You dont suddenly become a '**** player' over night. He has been dire this season, dont get me wrong. But getting on his back, abusing him is only going to make things worse. It doesnt just affect the player, but the team around him.

it's twitter lads. It's a worldwide collective of melts, half wits and retards. Why anybody is surprised by it, or the guff posted on it, defies belief

Lo and behold, Lennox Heitinga, as posted by his own father.

A7fwe5rCMAAAkOR.jpg

has he pissed all over the floor?

So if you're stood in the street and somebody threatens to punch you, is that okay ?

Oh wait, lemme guess, it's different cos it's 'on the internet'. Guess you're the kind of person who would tell victims of cyber bullying to 'grow up'.

But that's the point. You're on the Web. It's not the street. Keyboard cowboys from a safe place knowing full well there is no repercussions.

You put yourself in that position being a high profile sports player on an open forum with no protection.

On the street you can do more to deflect it... Or **** them.

30 odd thousand were giving him **** today mate, it's no different.

You're open to attack

Come on, being a voice among thousands shouting 'That was crap Heitinga' is a bit different to logging on to Twitter and directing vile abuse at the player knowing he will more than likely read it. Most people don't actually expect a player to hear what they shout at a football match, and even if they did i hope they wouldn't threaten to knock players out or tell them to 'F*** off back to' whatever country they came from.

But that's the point. You're on the Web. It's not the street. Keyboard cowboys from a safe place knowing full well there is no repercussions.

You put yourself in that position being a high profile sports player on an open forum with no protection.

On the street you can do more to deflect it... Or **** them.

That doesn't justify it, and there's no way a player should be forced to remove himself from a public forum because some people are absolute s***houses.

I wouldn't do it but there will always be people that will. If he can't take it then he shouldn't be on there. I'm sure he'll get over it. If he gets upset he could always take a dip into his swimming pool full of cash to cheers himself up!

Getting on a players back during the match does absolutely NOTHING for him or the team. I'm not talking about the odd whinge or moan (as to be expected) but the hounding that he has been recieiving is not on.

I almost stopped going Goodison for a while because of the abuse Billy got v Man United last year. Was absolutely horrible to watch and for the first time ever I just thought the place was full of utter bellends. He was dire, but you could see the abuse was just making it worse. I remember shouting something like 'Billy keep your head up' only to have daggers on me from the people in front.

Heitinga IS a good player. You dont suddenly become a '**** player' over night. He has been dire this season, dont get me wrong. But getting on his back, abusing him is only going to make things worse. It doesnt just affect the player, but the team around him.

Spot on.

Cannot stand people who tell players to 'f*** off' during a match, most of the time they go and score down the other end and make them look like über bells too.

Naismith is the latest one who gets hounded as soon as he steps on to the pitch. Fine if you mutter about him or tell the lad next to you how crap he is but no need to scream it at him ffs.

All those saying they would punch him in the face are saddos. If you feel that strongly about it, actually go do it. Don't just threaten from afar you soft gets! The funny thing is is that he would probably kick the crap out of you and you would deserve it.
He is having a rough time but I am on his side and believe he will regain his form. Just as I do with Jelavic. These players need our support, as does the team so get supporting or take your support to another club!

Status
Not open for further replies.