The Accounts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly hope you're right. My innate pessimism doesn't allow me to take such a sunnyside up view.

He has to really though.

The way I see it is the biggest burden on the club is the team and on the field. Off the field needs improvement but that's on going.

On the field...a wage bill that is/was £182mill compared to the £190+mill income is ridiculous especially now we're fighting to stay in the league.

Moshiri has done too much damage, Bill saved us once, cant see him doing it again now.
You really are clueless, unbelievable how you can defend a man, who has changed the club so dramatically in 25yrs
Bringing out a dvd for finishing 7th

You also seem to forget he employed Martinez who has us dying on are arse’s and couldn’t afford to sack him.

I’m not saying Moshiri hasn’t been a big problem, he has. But his biggest mistake was sticking with Bill instead of getting a ambitious new board with football knowledge.

I dont think Moshiri particularly cares about profit at the moment.

I think he sees the club as a status symbol and something he enjoys.

As to your opening question...Kenwright :)

Lampard is an attractive name for a player to want to play for.

Likewise check Thelwell's focus on younger talents.

His interest from other investments is eclipsing these losses. During the pandemic he made a lot of money.

That is totally illogical. I dont see any logic in this at all.

Agreed. Until these rules came out all the big clubs + City benefited...then suddenly the rules are changed which dooms every other owner.

Cant help what you see logic in mate. ;)

Not necessarily, a buyer with long term vision who could see the potential in a premier league club with a new stadium, such a petson might be willing to take us on, but not before the ground is built
Well according to John Blain, who knows a lot more than me and I guess you, what going on with the club. He seems to think there will be plenty of people interested in Everton.

And he also said, Moshiri is here for the long haul.

He has to really though.

The way I see it is the biggest burden on the club is the team and on the field. Off the field needs improvement but that's on going.

On the field...a wage bill that is/was £182mill compared to the £190+mill income is ridiculous especially now we're fighting to stay in the league.
Has to, but can they?

This is the crux. The constants at the club aren't Lampard and the new DOF. Contra your earlier point about everything else being circumstantial I'd say opposite. It's central. There's little in the Moshiri era to indicate change is likely.

As I say, absolutely delighted to be wrong here. I'm just circling warily, cynicism ratcheted up to ten.

Everton finding ownership appropriate to what their aspirations deserve for the first time since Phillip Carter looks as far away as ever right now. Decades of failure in leadership have brought us to where we are now and it sadly looks to get worse before, and indeed if it ever does, get better.
Feel actually sick at writing this. This is on YOU the fans, somehow.

Well according to John Blain, who knows a lot more than me and I guess you. He seems to think there will be plenty of people interested in Everton.
The Chelsea auction just showed how many people would be interested in buying a PL club, and were willing to spend £3 billion with another extra billion to spend on a new ground.

Seems the appetite for Billionaires attracted to the PL is strong and Everton would be a bargain if they want to still buy a PL club.

Status
Not open for further replies.