The bending of PSR rules

chopper6

Player Valuation: £8m
Interesting debate on Twitter about whether the premier league will find a way to stop these obvious academy player swap deals to boost PSR position.

What’s your takes on it?

I can’t see how they can control/ stop it. As long as they aren’t over inflated prices, which I don’t think Dobbin/ Villa Tim fella are?!

10 mill for two young prospects with potential/ England youth caps & Championship experience seems a fair price?

I’m loving the fact we are being savvy. It’s obvious what’s going on, but can the hideous Masters stop this happening?

I don’t think he can…

Interesting debate on Twitter about whether the premier league will find a way to stop these obvious academy player swap deals to boost PSR position.

What’s your takes on it?

I can’t see how they can control/ stop it. As long as they aren’t over inflated prices, which I don’t think Dobbin/ Villa Tim fella are?!

10 mill for two young prospects with potential/ England youth caps & Championship experience seems a fair price?

I’m loving the fact we are being savvy. It’s obvious what’s going on, but can the hideous Masters stop this happening?

I don’t think he can…
That Kellyman deal is quite clearly substantially inflated to the point it would be hard for Chelsea to justify if not for the fact they've also spent a billion on other teenagers

Premier League Clubs have been selling players to each other since the League was formed.

There is nothing that can be done.

I also think people are being harsh on the players involved.

The Tim fella had a successful loan at QPR and has played sparingly for Premier League Villa
Dobbin scored a cracking goal at Chelsea and has played sparingly for Premier League Everton

These aint 2 lads from the National League.

What’s your takes on it?

I don’t think he can…

They will not want to intervene unless there is obvious and demonstratable abuse going on

Either through (1) grossly exaggerated player fees and/or (2) excessive numbers of transfers

A single transfer between EFC and Aston Villa for a nominal fee is neither

Also good luck convincing an independent commission said transfer was not going to happen in absence of PSR

Premier League will save it's time and resources for obvious abuse of the system. Such as "multi-club" model clubs.

Premier League Clubs have been selling players to each other since the League was formed.

There is nothing that can be done.

I also think people are being harsh on the players involved.

The Tim fella had a successful loan at QPR and has played sparingly for Premier League Villa
Dobbin scored a cracking goal at Chelsea and has played sparingly for Premier League Everton

These aint 2 lads from the National League.

Im of this same opinion entirely.

Just thought it was an interesting debate as I’m seeing lots on other places they the Masters cartel will find a way to stop this.

I can’t see how.

At the end of the day two clubs are trading players. How can the premier league prove it’s for PSR reasons only?

Impossible

Joe Thomas comments on it

People are forgetting what PSR actually was brought in for.

It was a "cost control measure" (regulation) to push down on player wages and/or transfer fee inflation, without putting a direct- player wage cap in place that could be challenged under EU law

It was not about trying to catch clubs and punitively punish them as some Evertonians seem to think. It was about trying to reduce inflationary pressure in the game

As for Joe Thomas, he's simply looking for likes and click bait. Playing on a sense of grievance some Evertonians have.

That Kellyman deal is quite clearly substantially inflated to the point it would be hard for Chelsea to justify if not for the fact they've also spent a billion on other teenagers
I've heard the opposite and that Kellyman is Villas best youth prospect.

I don't even think Masters will give a toss clubs are doing this as all it means is he has less PSR breaches to be quizzed about.
He spent 25 million on legal fees for our first breach alone. He's probably delighted if he never has to attend another hearing if we're being honest.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back