The bending of PSR rules

Nothing wrong with it. It’s not a freebie. The clubs are signing contracts with players they will have to pay huge sums to for a number of years. And if they are crap players, they will end up selling for a loss.

The clubs would be stupid to take on a player they don’t have any use for, and their agents and families would be negligent to let them go.

There would be no point claiming the sale and purchase were each worth £50m as you’d screw yourself for future years with amortisation and probably sale for a loss.

It’s mutually convenient, but it isn’t some grand scam, and if the PL raise an eyebrow they can 🖕 when clubs obviously sell players for simply ludicrous fees to Saudi to dig themselves out of a hole, or sell hotels to themselves.

It suits the clubs at the top, and the Premier League.

We're not 'winning' by having to resort to signing players we probably don't want, or selling players we probably want to keep.

They may be trying to manipulate the PSR system in their favour in self-interest, sure

The likes of Richard Masters being pre-interviewed by Glazers and Fenway.

We all know there are a cabal of clubs with undue and excessive influence in the game

Spurs included. Arsenal. Chelsea. United, City, Liverpool are those that spend considerable time and money lobbying in their own interests

Unfortunately, we've suffered from an inept and incompetent ex Chairman and his local charity level CEO that were useless and couldn't lobby in Everton's favour. As they were too busy looking after themselves

Hes Villas best prospect but in no world is he worth 20 million. Villa paid half a mil 2 seasons ago.
I mean I think if it ever got brought up in a bad light Villa could easily argue selling a youth prospect to Chelsea for 20 beans is fair game considering what they spend normally..

We're not 'winning' by having to resort to signing players we probably don't want, or selling players we probably want to keep.

I dont think so. Clubs were waiting to get players for a fraction of the cost, look at Utd and Branthwaite. Arsenal sniffing around Isak. Talk of City wanting Bruno on the cheap. Spurs looking at MGW.

Now they wont be able to pick off the better players for buttons, which the PL were wanting imo.

I mean I think if it ever got brought up in a bad light Villa could easily argue selling a youth prospect to Chelsea for 20 beans is fair game considering what they spend normally..
Well yeah that's what I initially said. It wouldn't be for Villa to justify anyway, they named a price and someone paid

I dont think so. Clubs were waiting to get players for a fraction of the cost, look at Utd and Branthwaite. Arsenal sniffing around Isak. Talk of City wanting Bruno on the cheap. Spurs looking at MGW.

Now they wont be able to pick off the better players for buttons, which the PL were wanting imo.

Theres compliance, and then what you can spend afterwards.

Selling Branthwaite/Calvert-Lewin will still be appealing to Everton to give manoeuvrability if Friedkin can allow funds to spending.

Im of this same opinion entirely.

Just thought it was an interesting debate as I’m seeing lots on other places they the Masters cartel will find a way to stop this.

I can’t see how.

At the end of the day two clubs are trading players. How can the premier league prove it’s for PSR reasons only?

Impossible

PSR regs emphasise player trading.

They don't indicate when that trading needs to take place except for the year end deadline.

No chance whatsoever they can get involved.

I agree to a point, but on the other hand I’m not sure if it does entirely help the ‘big’ clubs.

Look at Utd & Branthwaite.

It’s allowing us to play hard ball with them due to other deals helping our PSR position.

Which is exactly what Utd hand tried to use against us.

Totally agree 👍

Absolutely nothing the Premier League can do about it. They have no rule that states the league determines the value of a player. They couldn't justify Caicedo being priced at £120m or agree that Branthwaite is worth a mere £33m. They've got themselves in a right pickle here, Villa and Chelsea are playing them, and Villa are also doing it with us. Good.