The Best Chippy in Liverpool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a little while ago but I remember me and my mate went to a kebab house in Pensby (just so you know not to go there for any Wirral'uns), I didn't get anything and he just bought some chips.

He's eating away not a car in der werrlld, and then he comes across what looks like a burnt chip, which on closer inspection, was a deep fried cockroach.

Did he cause a fuss? Did he [Poor language removed], he just took it out and ate the rest.

What an utter weirdo. If that was my chips I'd be threatening the greasy bastards with environmental health and try and get a couple of quid out of the scabs.

Me and my mate went to a kebab house in Pensby (just so you know not to go there for any Wirral'uns), I didn't get anything and he just bought some chips.

He's eating away not a car in der werrlld, and then he comes across what looks like a burnt chip, which on closer inspection, was a deep fried cockroach.

Did he cause a fuss? Did he [Poor language removed], he just took it out and ate the rest.

What an utter weirdo. If that was my chips I'd be threatening the greasy bastards with environmental health and try and get a couple of quid out of the scabs.
hahaha mate,

The Welcome on Priory Road has been a long time favourite of mine since I was little as they do the best Sausage Dinners

Wok's Cooking in Kirkby is the shizzle. My fiance's family has a few Chinese people scattered about so she's used to Chinese food, and she compares it favourably to actual Chinese cooking. Got to say I agree, it's very good.

I immediately regret the decision to use the word shizzle. :(

I'd like to do a comparison test on a fish dinner for most places, I bet they're pretty much exact, aenemic chips and soggy fish.

This was a little while ago but I remember me and my mate went to a kebab house in Pensby (just so you know not to go there for any Wirral'uns), I didn't get anything and he just bought some chips.

Yeah, the kebab house is a bit minging. The Pensby Fish Bar has always done BOSS burgers though, and was an absolutely fantastic chip shop when it was being run under the name 'Michaels', I would argue that it was the best chippy in Merseyside back in those days.

I went in to a chip shop down here and asked for chips and gravy just the other day, they didn't even do gravy, so I left immediately after asking them "What kind of chip shop is this?", but I received no reply as I left the shop.

Yeah, the kebab house is a bit minging. The Pensby Fish Bar has always done BOSS burgers though, and was an absolutely fantastic chip shop when it was being run under the name 'Michaels', I would argue that it was the best chippy in Merseyside back in those days.

I went in to a chip shop down here and asked for chips and gravy just the other day, they didn't even do gravy, so I left immediately after asking them "What kind of chip shop is this?", but I received no reply as I left the shop.

Ha get this all this time living in the Midlands. The worst here is that in many chippies in this neck of the woods - gravy comes with faggot meat in it. I kid you not. My wife is a true scouser and happens to be a vegetarian. I still remember the first time we were out down here and late at night we got a portion of chips and gravy......

Only just seen this.

I never had a burger from Pensby Fish Bar but it is decent. Michaels, was that in Thingwall? I think that's changed hands a few times now but yes it was good. Pisces in Heswall is very good but a bit pricey. Loads of variety of fish though if that's your thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back