The Big Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recruiting players in bulk can be tricky with the challenge of the players being able to adapt to new surroundings with minimal time. But it can also provide benefits especially and this is crucial sound recruitment is accomplished. it's not just acquiring quality players but individuals who are compatible and are able elevate those around them also players who envision Frank's style of playing.

That was one of our biggest sins not signing abysmal players but such haphazard recruitment that lacked any coherence like the season we bought four number ten role players. There has to be a clear blueprint and notion on what function a player will serve in regards to the team's overall tactics

Priority players In: 2 quality centre backs and 2 quality central midfield players please.

Nkounkou return to cover Mykolenko

Patterson has cover in Iwobi and Townsend if Coleman retires.

I would try and keep the forwards and wide players if possible, and the keeper. A better CB and CM would allow our current attackers a better base.

Lots of expiring contracts should make room on the wage bill. Sigurdsson, Tosun, Delph, Kenny, Lonergan

Saleable assets; some of these will have to go…Mina, Godfrey, Holgate, Allan, Gomes, Gbamin, Davies, Kean, Keane

ElGazi and VDB also departing

Thats a childlike argument.

You have no knowledge of what "would" (???!!) have happened and Lampard could have subbed someone else on that may have scored a 40 yarder. Lets say that "would" have happened...or how about Pickford "would" have ended the scoring with a 70 yard backheel?

Moving forward, he's a 3rd choice wide player that can be replaced with younger and better.

£15-20mil comes in for him and off he pops.
???, and either do you, all I’m saying is that at that point in that particular game Anthony Gordon was in no fit state to do what Gray did, yet somehow you change it round to a “childlike argument” - bizarre!
Nearly as bizarre as you thinking someone is going to cough up £15-£20m for your 3rd choice wide player, no doubt you’d then spend a fraction of that on some 17 year old you’ve read about on the internet!

I personally think both Richy and DCL might go as well as Pickford… seems a bit made but more then likely

Would like us to go in for some Leeds players if they go down, especially Raphina and Phillips.

A strong CB who can lead the back four - similar to Mina but without the injuries (preferably a nutter from South America).

We’ve definitely lacked someone with playmaking ability in the final third - hopefully Alli will work out long-term, but we still need more depth in this area.

Conor Gallagher on loan maybe? Would like to think Lampard might have a bit of sway in making that happen.

As for outs, I’d like to see us offload Townsend, Rondon, Gomes, Delph, Mina, Jonjoe Kenny and Tosun.

Depending on their contracts - Allan and Iwobi too (even though it’d be hard to see Iwobi go, he’s just not technically good enough)

Priority players In: 2 quality centre backs and 2 quality central midfield players please.

Nkounkou return to cover Mykolenko

Patterson has cover in Iwobi and Townsend if Coleman retires.

I would try and keep the forwards and wide players if possible, and the keeper. A better CB and CM would allow our current attackers a better base.

Lots of expiring contracts should make room on the wage bill. Sigurdsson, Tosun, Delph, Kenny, Lonergan

Saleable assets; some of these will have to go…Mina, Godfrey, Holgate, Allan, Gomes, Gbamin, Davies, Kean, Keane

ElGazi and VDB also departing
Keep Godfrey and maybe Holgate; don't they count as homegrown players?

Keep Godfrey and maybe Holgate; don't they count as homegrown players?
They do, we currently have 12 of them.

Goalkeepers (2)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Asmir Begović (HG) *

Right Backs (2)
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson (UA)

Left Backs (2)
Vitaliy Mykolenko
Niels Nkounkou

Centre Backs (5)
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (UA)

Midfield (6)
Allan
Dele Alli (HG)
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Tom Davies (HG)
Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Wide Forwards (5)
Richarlison
Andros Townsend (HG)
Demarai Gray (HG)
Anthony Gordon (HG)
Alex Iwobi (HG)

Strikers (2)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Salomón Rondón

They do, we currently have 12 of them.

Goalkeepers (2)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Asmir Begović (HG) *

Right Backs (2)
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson (UA)

Left Backs (2)
Vitaliy Mykolenko
Niels Nkounkou

Centre Backs (5)
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (UA)

Midfield (6)
Allan
Dele Alli (HG)
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Tom Davies (HG)
Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Wide Forwards (5)
Richarlison
Andros Townsend (HG)
Demarai Gray (HG)
Anthony Gordon (HG)
Alex Iwobi (HG)

Strikers (2)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Salomón Rondón
Begovic is home grown?

No worries, you fronting us the £100m?
We’d obviously have to sell one of Richarlison or DCL to be in a shout to get both (Phillips is unrealistic because I imagine a lot of the wealthier clubs will be in for him) but Raphina isn’t out of the realm of possibility if they’re in the championship

We’d obviously have to sell one of Richarlison or DCL to be in a shout to get both (Phillips is unrealistic because I imagine a lot of the wealthier clubs will be in for him) but Raphina isn’t out of the realm of possibility if they’re in the championship
Yes he is. They both are.

But even if they weren’t (and once again - they very definitely are) we need to be looking at the likes of those players BEFORE they hit it big, not after.

He is.

Status
Not open for further replies.