The Big Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I concede my point, I thought Barca would be aiming a bit higher than Raphina but fair enough.

???, and either do you, all I’m saying is that at that point in that particular game Anthony Gordon was in no fit state to do what Gray did, yet somehow you change it round to a “childlike argument” - bizarre!
Nearly as bizarre as you thinking someone is going to cough up £15-£20m for your 3rd choice wide player, no doubt you’d then spend a fraction of that on some 17 year old you’ve read about on the internet!

Yes, saying XYZ WOULD HAVE HAPPENED is pure make believe.

Yesterday if you didnt tie your shoelaces you WOULD HAVE fallen....

If you didnt drink water this morning you WOULD HAVE passed out through dehydration.

I'll give it a go....If Demarai Gray was a better player we WOULD HAVE had better results this season and finished top 4.

Nonsensical childlike argument.

Picko
New -- new -- new -- Mykolenko
Gordon -- Doucoure -- new -- new -- gray
DCL/new
Only need a few signings then
Pickford
Patterson Mina Godfrey Mykolenko
???
Iwobi Dele
Gordon DCL Richarlison
Begovic
Holgate
Branthwaite
Nkounkou
Davies
Doucoure

Out of contract: Sigurdsson, Delph, Tosun, Kenny, Lonergan

End of Loan: Van De Beek, El-Ghazi

Out: Keane, Coleman, Gomes, Gbamin, Allan, Gray, Rondon, Townsend, Kean

Up for debate Coleman (backup), Mina (injuryVquality), Townsend (Long term injury so cant sell).

Then we'd need 1DF, 2MF, 2FW. So 16 out 5 in.

The worrying thing is the profit and loss stuff. The spotlight is really on us now and looking at the accounts for last year we brought in £193m, but £182m of that goes in player and staff wages, can we actually sign players, without going into debt again? Free transfers and small fees? Selling one player for a big fee to sign 2 players for a small fee?

Pickford
Patterson Mina Godfrey Mykolenko
???
Iwobi Dele
Gordon DCL Richarlison
Begovic
Holgate
Branthwaite
Nkounkou
Davies
Doucoure

Out of contract: Sigurdsson, Delph, Tosun, Kenny, Lonergan

End of Loan: Van De Beek, El-Ghazi

Out: Keane, Coleman, Gomes, Gbamin, Allan, Gray, Rondon, Townsend, Kean

Up for debate Coleman (backup), Mina (injuryVquality), Townsend (Long term injury so cant sell).

Then we'd need 1DF, 2MF, 2FW. So 16 out 5 in.
Richy is off mate, possibly DCL too. Mina will be sold because he can't string 4 games together. Allan will bail though I'd like to see the old fart stay

The rest of the players missing from my picks are probably good enough as backups or subs (Holgate, Godfrey, Davies, Iwobi, Dele (mainly because he's checked out of football). Patterson only because he's injured and unproven means if like to see us bring in a right back.

Many of our players are good enough and indeed care enough to play a bit part but make no mistake we have only a few who are starting sheet quality for the prem and most of them are off

Richy is off mate, possibly DCL too. Mina will be sold because he can't string 4 games together. Allan will bail though I'd like to see the old fart stay

The rest of the players missing from my picks are probably good enough as backups or subs (Holgate, Godfrey, Davies, Iwobi, Dele (mainly because he's checked out of football). Patterson only because he's injured and unproven means if like to see us bring in a right back.

Many of our players are good enough and indeed care enough to play a bit part but make no mistake we have only a few who are starting sheet quality for the prem and most of them are off
We dont know whose off...youve got 1 defender there...left out a lot of players but then have Gray in the team?

I think we should focus on selling alot of players...like 15 and signing 5.

Try and extend the better ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.