The drunk thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
9:00pm on a Friday and I'm halfway through a bottle of Chardonnay and I'm writing MATLAB code. If you asked me 10 years ago where I think I would be, I would not say wasting away my weekends on pointless projects.

Time for a fried egg then so I can cogitate over that reply.
Maybe that's my problem. I do not know how to talk to normal people. Last date I went on I got excited that he read an article about black holes and I talked about that for awhile. I never bothered to ask if the feature on black holes came from Scientific American or Playboy

Maybe that's my problem. I do not know how to talk to normal people. Last date I went on I got excited that he read an article about black holes and I talked about that for awhile. I never bothered to ask if the feature on black holes came from Scientific American or Playboy
I think staying on here for long periods can skew your perceptions of normal peoplelol

I think staying on here for long periods can skew your perceptions of normal peoplelol
Haha, valid. I am currently in a state that is very odd. It's all America but some of these places seem like foreign countries. For the most part people here are nice so I cannot blame my lack of weekend plans on that, though I did have a guy throw his beer in my face and call me a "sand n****r" last weekend. Felt pretty threatened. I just cannot wait to get back to flying, and hopefully relocate to the UK for a change.

Haha, valid. I am currently in a state that is very odd. It's all America but some of these places seem like foreign countries. For the most part people here are nice so I cannot blame my lack of weekend plans on that, though I did have a guy throw his beer in my face and call me a "sand n****r" last weekend. Felt pretty threatened. I just cannot wait to get back to flying, and hopefully relocate to the UK for a change.
Apparently we are the thirteenth best country in the world in which to live. You're living in twenty second best. Make of that what you will. Winter warmers also appear soon : strong ales brewed in the winter, often containing spices and honey. One of the better reasons for living here:)

Apparently we are the thirteenth best country in the world in which to live. You're living in twenty second best. Make of that what you will. Winter warmers also appear soon : strong ales brewed in the winter, often containing spices and honey. One of the better reasons for living here:)
Haha, yeah but I heard more horror stories about dating in Britain vs the US. If they're true then I guess it depends on which country is better to be single in. We have nicer weather here. That makes a world's difference to me.

Although beer is tempting, there is really good beer in the US too.

Haha, yeah but I heard more horror stories about dating in Britain vs the US. If they're true then I guess it depends on which country is better to be single in. We have nicer weather here. That makes a world's difference to me.

Although beer is tempting, there is really good beer in the US too.
Apropos of nothing : best wishes to the cat,wherever it is. Think I'll read a little bit more of the autobiography of Rudolph Hoess, the Commandant of Auschwitz. Nothing like a little light reading to help you drop off. Freeze that wine in ice cube trays if you don't finish it, and use it for cooking purposes, or not.

Apropos of nothing : best wishes to the cat,wherever it is. Think I'll read a little bit more of the autobiography of Rudolph Hoess, the Commandant of Auschwitz. Nothing like a little light reading to help you drop off. Freeze that wine in ice cube trays if you don't finish it, and use it for cooking purposes, or not.
Oh I finished the wine. I cannot waste good stuff on cooking. I buy a special level of suck for that. As for the autobiography, I couldn't read it without getting angry. My mother's side is Jewish and that stuff hits close to home for them. Seen too many of the wrist tattoos.

9:00pm on a Friday and I'm halfway through a bottle of Chardonnay and I'm writing MATLAB code. If you asked me 10 years ago where I think I would be, I would not say wasting away my weekends on pointless projects.

MATLAB eh ? We've had to integrate some MATLAB algorithms into systems over the years, I'm impressed.
Brains as well as beauty then ?

MATLAB eh ? We've had to integrate some MATLAB algorithms into systems over the years, I'm impressed.
Brains as well as beauty then ?
MATLAB can do one. Spent so many hours trying to write a simple code only for it to be bamboozled by a stray comma.

Back on topic, fell asleep in the Purple Turtle in Reading on Thursday night. Lovely little dive, that.

This is too nice:pint2:

05594e0fc112926290cefcdcc85036bd_640x640.jpg

Oh I finished the wine. I cannot waste good stuff on cooking. I buy a special level of suck for that. As for the autobiography, I couldn't read it without getting angry. My mother's side is Jewish and that stuff hits close to home for them. Seen too many of the wrist tattoos.
Sorry, no offence intentended. I studied German history at university and it's a continuing interest of mine. It's pretty grim reading, his autobiography is a catalogue of squeamish excuses which proved he learnt little and carried his prejudices to the hangman. With the terrible news today I'm intoxicated and will be shortly having some baked potatoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back