The end of Hibbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He never moans or complains because he is a Div1 quality player picking up Premier League wages thanks to our generosity.

t_8b68ae48ee014dea9200e16727768d63.jpg

If fit, Hibbo could still have been playing on a regular basis at a bottom half club this season. Being overshadowed by someone as good as Coleman has turned out to be, is nothing to be ashamed of.

As i said, he's no more than a bit part player now, i bet he'll be on no more than £15k a week, it's low on the wages, he's great with the youngsters, and you know if we need him to, he won't complain one bit about playing in Kazakhstan on a Cold December Thursday night!

It's not harming anyone, so i can't complain. HIBBO

Hibbo and Ossie, great servants, Blues and get loads of stick, don't understand it.

He's never going to be first choice but he's still a useful squad player, and i'm sure his experience and defensive qualities are useful to pass on, to youngsters. Say what you want about Hibbo, for me his main problem is being an old school full back in the modern game, which doesn't suit him. He can mark and tackle the best of them but his attacking play isn't upto scratch these days.

Hibbo and Ossie, great servants, Blues and get loads of stick, don't understand it.

He's never going to be first choice but he's still a useful squad player, and i'm sure his experience and defensive qualities are useful to pass on, to youngsters. Say what you want about Hibbo, for me his main problem is being an old school full back in the modern game, which doesn't suit him. He can mark and tackle the best of them but his attacking play isn't upto scratch these days.

Hate it when people put Hibbo and Ossie in the same bracket just because they came up through the ranks together.

Ossie has made 85 appearances in the last 2 seasons, has 59 career goals for us, and has been capped by his country.

Hibbert has made 10 appearances in the last 2 season, never scored, probably couldn't get near the Monserrat national team, and been the defensive link that opposition tries to exploit every time he has appeared.

One is still a useful player, one has nothing left to offer us.

Hate it when people put Hibbo and Ossie in the same bracket just because they came up through the ranks together.

Ossie has made 85 appearances in the last 2 seasons, has 59 career goals for us, and has been capped by his country.

Hibbert has made 10 appearances in the last 2 season, never scored, probably couldn't get near the Monserrat national team, and been the defensive link that opposition tries to exploit every time he has appeared.

One is still a useful player, one has nothing left to offer us.

They get put in the same bracket because they are loyal one club men who get a lot of stick off the fans. I don't think you'll hear anyone say Hibbo can play a major part. Manager must see something in him to warrant an extension, didn't say I agreed with it but like it wasn't Phil Nevilles fault Moyes kept picking him, it's not Hibbo's fault he's getting an extension.

They get put in the same bracket because they are loyal one club men who get a lot of stick off the fans. I don't think you'll hear anyone say Hibbo can play a major part. Manager must see something in him to warrant an extension, didn't say I agreed with it but like it wasn't Phil Nevilles fault Moyes kept picking him, it's not Hibbo's fault he's getting an extension.

"Pay as you play" would be the only acceptable sort of agreement, for me.
We're a professional football club, we're not a charity. Sure, Hibbert has been a loyal servant.. and he has been well paid for it down the years.

I don't even think Hibbert is good enough as a backup, now. We have an outstanding young LB on the other side of the pitch who is backup to an established top first choice. We should be looking to emulate this down the right side, not relying on someone who's way past it now.

"Pay as you play" would be the only acceptable sort of agreement, for me.
We're a professional football club, we're not a charity. Sure, Hibbert has been a loyal servant.. and he has been well paid for it down the years.

I don't even think Hibbert is good enough as a backup, now. We have an outstanding young LB on the other side of the pitch who is backup to an established top first choice. We should be looking to emulate this down the right side, not relying on someone who's way past it now.

But we are quite clearly not relying on him.

I think people are too concerned about a players wages, don't hate hibbo cos he's better than you and became wealthy at his chosen profession, lots of people in lots of jobs get ridiculous earnings and don't deserve them. You will find it happens all over the entertainment industry not just sport.

We don't agree with the high wages but nothing we can do apart from stop going to the games but what will that achieve?

I think people are too concerned about a players wages, don't hate hibbo cos he's better than you and became wealthy at his chosen profession, lots of people in lots of jobs get ridiculous earnings and don't deserve them. You will find it happens all over the entertainment industry not just sport.

We don't agree with the high wages but nothing we can do apart from stop going to the games but what will that achieve?

Eh? What's that got to do with the price of cheese?
I don't hate Hibbert because he's done OK for himself. I don't hate him at all. I just don't think he's good enough for Everton anymore, and that we're selling ourselves short by trying to flog a dead horse and dragging one more season out of him. I'm only interested in what's best for Everton, not what's best for (ex-)Everton players.

I like Hibbert but it's daft giving him a new contract. He played about 2 games last season ffs. We're meant to be a business, not a charity.

He's solid enough backup for the early rounds of the League Cup and won't complain about being behind Seamus. We have to spend in other areas, so the more we can hang on to known quantities like Hibbo, the better. And he's apparently a good blue influence. I'm sure his wages are tiny these days, so well in Hibbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back