The end of Hibbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's an extremely lucky millionaire, spent over a decade as a professional footballer and still looks like he terrified of having the ball at his feet, he's the sort of RB you get in sunday league, too small for CH and too gash to play anywhere else. He's never been up to scratch for me, I've never enjoyed watching him play, and he doesn't get a pass based on the geography of his birthplace

Blame the manager that regularly picked him then. He has done well to make a career in football, it doesn't come without a lot of effort. Fine if you don't rate a player and want him gone but it's not a particularly classy type of fan that would refer to a longtime and popular player at your club as a clown IMO.

Blame the manager that regularly picked him then. He has done well to make a career in football, it doesn't come without a lot of effort. Fine if you don't rate a player and want him gone but it's not a particularly classy type of fan that would refer to a longtime and popular player at your club as a clown IMO.
as im not ron burgandy I couldnt care less about staying classy, i do care abut football being played the right way, and players adopting that stance, he does neither, he's gash and only could of made it in a country like england where such yard dogs are held in high esteem

as im not ron burgandy I couldnt care less about staying classy, i do care abut football being played the right way, and players adopting that stance, he does neither, he's gash and only could of made it in a country like england where such yard dogs are held in high esteem

Seeing a Tony Hibbert slide tackle in can be as exciting as seeing one of pirlo's defence splitting pass if in a tense moment of the game, it gives you goosebumps. He isn't a Coleman but he's done the best with the naturally ability he was given. I believe in playing football the right way too but he clearly can't do it so why should he punish himself for it, if I was in his shoes I would do the same, who wouldn't.

Seeing a Tony Hibbert slide tackle in can be as exciting as seeing one of pirlo's defence splitting pass if in a tense moment of the game, it gives you goosebumps. He isn't a Coleman but he's done the best with the naturally ability he was given. I believe in playing football the right way too but he clearly can't do it so why should he punish himself for it, if I was in his shoes I would do the same, who wouldn't.
I don't think that's the argument is it? I'm saying he's not a good enough player and will be glad to see him move on from a purely footballing sense, which is what i'm basing my judgement on. I don't really care how hard he has worked off the pitch to be as bad as that, I don't care where he was born, and I don't care if he turned down all these massive offers and stayed loyal and gave his life to everton

I don't think that's the argument is it? I'm saying he's not a good enough player and will be glad to see him move on from a purely footballing sense, which is what i'm basing my judgement on. I don't really care how hard he has worked off the pitch to be as bad as that, I don't care where he was born, and I don't care if he turned down all these massive offers and stayed loyal and gave his life to everton

my point is that I don't understand why you don't care about these things. Otherwise we may as well treat football clubs as corporations, what is the point of having favourite clubs if we don't

my point is that I don't understand why you don't care about these things. Otherwise we may as well treat football clubs as corporations, what is the point of having favourite clubs if we don't
I dont think loving hard working, extremely limited local lads, goes hand in hand with keeping football away from being a corporation.

I dont think loving hard working, extremely limited local lads, goes hand in hand with keeping football away from being a corporation.

I guess it's just that Tony hibbert for me growing up was a huge part of everton and I've never known a team without him in it, to me he is very everton. I never got to to see the Everton of the 80's or earlier play so Hard working football is all i've known for most of it. So I have my blinkers on and would hate to see him playing for another club as it would ruin the legacy unless he scores on his debut then I would go wild.

I guess it's just that Tony hibbert for me growing up was a huge part of everton and I've never known a team without him in it, to me he is very everton. I never got to to see the Everton of the 80's or earlier play so Hard working football is all i've known for most of it. So I have my blinkers on and would hate to see him playing for another club as it would ruin the legacy unless he scores on his debut then I would go wild.

hilarious if he scored on his return to goodison with another side. I think i would stil riot

....watched Hibbert playing midfield in that successful Youth cup team and always thought the only chance he had was as a full back. He's the definition of 'making the most of what he had'. He's been a good servant and in return he'll be made for life. We are not a charity and his salary is an uneccesary expense, so the club should be looking to get him off the books.

Pfft like he wasn't the first player we all sold on FM. Some people seem to want to give him a contract based on there own personal perceptions of the man then the very obvious thing of importance. Which is his footballing ability which is zero. He was decent a few years ago but only in our half, he got in the opposing sides half and was crap. He has no speed, can't take a man on, can't pass, cant read the game and would leave us exposed on the counter.

He dosent fit martinez style of play, a relic of a different time in the leauge and of the club he should leave with dignity while we still remember him fondly rather then subject him to the abuse he will receive from the fans of his boyhood club.

We need the RB position strengthening rather then weakening for the back up.

Do we have cssh to buy a back up right back, or can Hibbert perform for one more season then possibly kenny can become understudy?

Thats the GBP 20, 000 a week question.

I suspect we will end up keeping him, but browning should be given the chance as second choice RB

Stones can also play there if needed so there's adequate cover for Seamus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back