The end of Hibbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a great song for him and his elusive search for a "proper" goal then Seamus took over and he's never been seen at top level since.

*puts it back in the box with all the others.

bankfinal.jpg

Martinez has been spotted at a shop outside the Hawthorns purchasing a pair of tights before thrashing out a deal for Hibbo. He got 6m for Vic so Hibbo is worth 4m of anyones money imo.

4m for a player who's out of contract would be very good business.

It's up to Tony. If he wants to go there and play one last season of regular top-flight football then good luck to him. If he wants to stay here he has to accept the reality that he's going to be a spare part and unlikely to play anymore than half a dozen games, probably in the cups and Europe.

The lad is blue through and through and he'll always have my respect.

Offering him a new contract is far better than letting him walk away and having to replace him with someone who will cost us a fee. How much would we have to pay for his experience in a defensive crisis (?) - quite a lot is the answer - but, having said all that, if an offer is in which is good for us and good for him then he should take it - we can use the income to pay for that (younger) replacement.

He was one of the toughest defenders I've ever seen. Pretty dire going forward but that wasn't his day job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back