The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robert-Earl-415.jpg

Green
philip-green-131008.jpg

How well do you know the story of Sir Phillip Green (9th richest person in the UK with over £4.5B)?

He knows the power of “distressed acquisitions”. On several occasions he has made BIG money buying up the assets of businesses that are in distress. He has a well tuned awareness for bargains and he knows that when many people are saying that something is broken or “unfixable” there will be value to be found if you look carefully and buy for a low price.

http://danielpriestley.wordpress.com/2009/12/04/two-lessons-from-sir-phillip-green/

But I also think what would I rather have.

Peter Johnson #100-150m fortune when owner of Everton.

Bill Kenwright #50m at a guess present day.

Which one ? Personally I'd go for Johnson. Invested a lot more into the club, and was honest enough to sell at a realistic price when he realised his time was up. Just really wish he had still been here when Kings Dock was on offer. Unfortunately we had soft ****e in charge who didn't have the brain cellage to borrow or share finance the deal of the century....preferred to lie and get personal with his friend (?) Paul Gregg instead.

That Green is one slimy sh1thouse, if he has anything to do with Everton i want him out, people like that have no business being involved in our club

The whole Kenwright thing, well i used to be a supporter, and in a way i still am, whilst i hate what he is doing to the club, i still think its out of love for the club.

For me there is two reasons why we havnt been sold, either, he loves the club too much to let it go, come on its everyones dream here to own Everton FC, perhaps he just loves the role and control he has.

Reason two, he loves the club too much to let it go to anyone, and he is still searching for the "perfect" owner...only perfection can never be found (other than Holly Willoughby)...

...Either way, he should just realise that its worth a gamble, and best for the club that he sell asap, and its obvious that he isnt trying that hard. Everton FC is a club with a great history, known well internationally, and yet clubs like Blackburn still get investment.

I used to believe Everton was on parr with Tottenham, but simply because of money, Tottenham are going places, and you can only see one direction for Everton, wether it be fast or slowly, our main competitors are likely to become clubs like Fulham, Blackburn, Newcastle!! Its horrible to think!

The whole Kenwright thing, well i used to be a supporter, and in a way i still am, whilst i hate what he is doing to the club, i still think its out of love for the club.

For me there is two reasons why we havnt been sold, either, he loves the club too much to let it go, come on its everyones dream here to own Everton FC, perhaps he just loves the role and control he has.

Reason two, he loves the club too much to let it go to anyone, and he is still searching for the "perfect" owner...only perfection can never be found (other than Holly Willoughby)...

...Either way, he should just realise that its worth a gamble, and best for the club that he sell asap, and its obvious that he isnt trying that hard. Everton FC is a club with a great history, known well internationally, and yet clubs like Blackburn still get investment.

I used to believe Everton was on parr with Tottenham, but simply because of money, Tottenham are going places, and you can only see one direction for Everton, wether it be fast or slowly, our main competitors are likely to become clubs like Fulham, Blackburn, Newcastle!! Its horrible to think!

If you love someone let them go please kentight

http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/10-11/comment/mailbag/17036.html

1. Everton's net spend since the Premier League began is £55M (1992-2011); in the same period, we have sold £48.2M of youth players, meaning the club have spent just £6.8M of the money outside of youth players sales.

2. On the Official site we have 30 1st team players listed, 15 of which cost nothing, 7 cost £3M or less, 3 cost £5M or less and 5 cost more than £5M, given that Yakubu is one of the last 5, is out on loan, this now means over half of our squad cost nothing.

3. In 1998, before Sky and Premier League windfalls plus shirt sponsorships, Everton broke the transfer record for £2.2M (Cottee) yet, 23 years later, 20 out of our 30 squad of players cost less to buy than Cottee, and the club tells us we can't afford a loan player!!

4. Our net spend is the 11th highest in Prem, yet we are only one of 7 clubs to play in every Prem season.

5. Villa and Spurs are similar clubs & gates to us yet Villa have spent £60M net and Spurs £140M net more than us.

6. Wages? you ask... No, we are only 10th in the wages league.

7. Moyes has spent £106M but sold £81M, net £25M over 9 seasons, less than £3M per year. 10 managers have spent more than Moyes despite only Ferguson and Wenger being in their posts longer than Moyes.

8. Other possible explanations for the missing money: the ground? One stand rebuilt since the Prem started, and even that was cut in half, supposed to be two-tier.

9. In the last 3 years, here are some of the net spends of clubs over that period: Stoke £44M (£0M debt apparently despite that outlay); WBA £19.25M; Wolves £21.65M; Hull £13.9M; Fulham £12.3M; Birmingham £29.5M... also outspent by Sunderland until the Bent transfer — what is Everton's spend over the same period? £5M!!

10. Other revenues acquired recently which have vanished: Chang £12M; Bellefield £8M; Kitbag £5M.

:S

Yes still waiting for your apology and you still know sweet FA. Don't like the truth do you, prefer to hide behind your sham of being knowledgeable

Now to business, some thought Johnson was nicking money from the club to keep Park Hampers going, is BK et al helping themselves, if not where has the money gone as alluded to in that article.

Yes still waiting for your apology and you still know sweet FA. Don't like the truth do you, prefer to hide behind your sham of being knowledgeable

Now to business, some thought Johnson was nicking money from the club to keep Park Hampers going, is BK et al helping themselves, if not where has the money gone as alluded to in that article.

Are you talking to me?

You'll be waiting a long time if you are.

Haters gonner hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back