The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me the parts that arent made up, misrepresnted of false - we could go on all night. We know one thing for certain one party is gone to ground and the other has expressed a possible intent to take legal action.

Stop digging mate. You've jumped in again with a load of accusations and not a shred of evidence to back it up. Take it easy and step out of the thread for a breather.

Firstly you are doing exactly what you accuse others of: making assumptions based on flimsy evidence. The only 'claim' - nothing official - that I have seen is that the club might be considering legal action.

Defamation in this case (actually libel, not Tubey's slander) would depend if normal unbiased people thought that what they published affected the reputation of the club negatively in a concrete and commercial way, if it was wrong and if they published it
believing that what they published was correct (no 'absence of malice' as in the USA).

If the club (and this is as big an if as if they recorded the discussion secretly) is considering legal action, I would be interested whether they were rather considering action under data protection and privacy laws (after my time), especially with reference to EU protections.

Of course, just lawyering up has the effect of making any publication get very careful about what they publish, which may well be the intent here.

And you are partaking, in the exact speculation mate, based on the same reports. At this point its as valid considering the possibility that much of the trascript published is a false representaion or compleatley false as it is that there has been a breach of the data protection act.

The key peice will be the evidance and the exact trangression.

Last edited:
Mate if thats what you want to beleive fine - hoping it doesnt make it so.

Have you ever tried to write a fake transcript? It's a lot, lot harder than it looks.

There's the ring of authenticity about it.

Want proof? Well, Kenwright goes on SSN straight away, stating pretty much exactly the same points word for word.

I get your a Kenwright fan but you're grasping at straws here. Anyway, as I said, I think that transcript paints Bill in a good light.

Have you ever tried to write a fake transcript? It's a lot, lot harder than it looks.

Want proof? Well, Kenwright goes on SSN straight away, stating pretty much exactly the same points word for word.

I get your a Kenwright fan but you're grasping at straws here. Anyway, as I said, I think that transcript paints Bill in a good light.

Have you never read a parody?

I've seen plenty parody meeting minutes posted on less reputable Everton websites over the years...

Can't be that hard for those morons to write one.

But did Bill post the trascript - i would go back to google mate!

Bill is going to allege that three separate people are lying about what they heard him say using just his own evidence as a single individual ? He's going to maintain that even when the tape is produced ?

The only realistic prospect of defamation in this thread is your clear implict allegation against the Blue Union individuals concerned.

And you are partaking, in the exact speculation mate, based on the same reports. At this point its as valid considering the possibility that much of the trascript published is a false representaion or compleatley false as it is that there has been a breach of the data protection act.

The key peice will be the evidance and the exact trangression.
The difference would be that I am not maintaining that the "battleship has been sunk" or something is jarg, just speculating the same as you are.

Have you never read a parody?

I've seen plenty parody meeting minutes posted on less reputable Everton websites over the years...

Can't be that hard for those morons to write one.

It's incredibly hard to write a true sounding transcript, with hesitations and such. I find it very, very implausible that on the day Kenwright goes on SSN saying the same thing is the same day that an absolutely massive fake transcript is posted on a website that did actually have a legitimate meeting with Kenwright.

The legal action would actually confirm it's authenticity in my eyes, otherwise the club would ignore it.

Well apparently the transcript has been done from memory - so i imagine that its more difficult then making it up.

I think you would misjudge your own fanbase mate by calling anyone a Kenwright fan, we're all Everton fans, that line is distingusied by those who wish to create a foundation or post outlandish claims.

TBH, the transcript even if true, is frankly nothing new, there was no somokeing gun, or any new ground broke.

Well apparently the transcript has been done from memory - so i imagine that its more difficult then making it up.

I think you would misjudge your own fanbase mate by calling anyone a Kenwright fan, we're all Everton fans, that line is distingusied by those who wish to create a foundation or post outlandish claims.

TBH, the transcript even if true, is frankly nothing new, there was no somokeing gun, or any new ground broke.

I agree with the bold bit, which is why I've said three times now that it's actually a positive for Kenwright and it's good that it's come out for the club, if they opened their eyes a bit to see it as so. You're just on the ultra-defensive I think so you're not really reading what I'm saying as I'm actually not attacking Kenwright here.

I'm going to bet that it's from a secret recording - the guy who helped set up the meeting has basically said so on Twitter hasn't he? I say that because there's a lot of "double-speak" and disjointed statements in the text which suggests it's a transcript from audio or, at the very least, a transcript of shorthand.

The difference would be that I am not maintaining that the "battleship has been sunk" or something is jarg, just speculating the same as you are.

TBH, i beleive if there is any offence committed and we are talking in either the best and worse case sceaniro of Defamation/Data Protection, for me and i would imagine many it is sunk.

For an agency set up with an overall goal of acheiving honesty and transparent communication, without a mandate, or the majority of a fanbase, its just entered the last hour of titanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back