The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robert Elstone said:
"Whilst the Club is for sale, we have also overseen substantial and tangible progress in the last five years both on and off the pitch.

“We have signed record sponsorship deals, and hugely increased our income alongside achieving an average league position of sixth.

I beg to differ Robert.

The tangible progress off it is on the back of TV money.

We should be turning over far more than that really, had infrastructure been put in place.

He added: "Finances, as they do across the vast majority of football clubs, remain tight and attracting the investment required to deliver the success our supporters deserve remains a difficult task - but it is one the board and the professionals brought in by the Club are fully engaged with.

Spending was up on 2010 to £485million in 2011, wasn't it across the Premier League ?

The fact for me is - the Annex, the key cornerstone project hasn't moved an inch.

Time is pressing. Continued delay really isn't acceptable.

DISCLAIMER:

I'm not a Blue Union member. They're teds.

The current board and PR staff are teds too.

Last edited:
Just read this. Thinking a bit more about the BU statement, I'm unclear whether they want a board to take over from the existing board, or a group of people to work alongside the board. Given that they said "group", I'd suggest that as we've seen, the proposal wont be accepted as it would be seen as a backwards way of sacking the board, something BU say they don't want. I would though support the appointment of an individual with the right knowledge and contacted to either bring in more investment, or bring a group of people together in a consortium.

Well, an interim board would be ridiculous. It's just a shame nobody is actually suggesting it, so it seems Bob is answering questions from an invisible man.

I agree with you Matt. Its just PR trying to paper over the cracks. They havent sold the club because they dont need to. They are all doing nicely as it is. Except of course...the fans.

A close friend of Kenwright's told ESPNsoccernet: "It is laughable that some fans are demanding that someone comes in to sell the club when Bill is trying so hard to bring in fresh investment. Let me tell you there is no better salesman, no-one better equipped to sing the praises of Everton and to sell the club."

Its this kind of behaviour from the club that is pissing me off.

Blue Union make a statement. With the teds that hangers on. Then the club make a snide statement like that. Equally teddish.

Its really doing my head in.

Whats laughable is that the club think this is the way to be behaving in response and giving snide quotes like that.

Its this kind of behaviour from the club that is pissing me off.

Blue Union make a statement. With the teds that hangers on. Then the club make a snide statement like that. Equally teddish.

Its really doing my head in.

Whats laughable is that the club think this is the way to be behaving in response.

Elstone's been so unprofessional with these statements. He just comes across as a massive blert.

That wasn't Elstone.

But I can guess who the "close friend was".

Frankly I'm sick of seeing this type of response from "the EFC board's PR reps".

It really isn't on.

Yeah sorry I meant the statement he's got up on the OS now laughing off an interim board. And the statement he put up on the OS a while ago.

Ridiculously predictable by Everton. However i think they have underestimated the fans, as they are clearly seeing through this kind of thing now - most don't fall for it anymore

No need to apologise RFUS. We're just debating it all and frankly you and I agree.

*facepalming all round*

The Andy Gray article made me cringe as well.

I'm still on the fence but somehow it seems the club are trying to push me the other way.

Saying that the minute Eden Hazard signs for Liverpool or Arsenal I'm signing up to all of these bloody protest groups. :lol:

Well, an interim board would be ridiculous. It's just a shame nobody is actually suggesting it, so it seems Bob is answering questions from an invisible man.

The problem is that the BU aim is unclear on this issue. It could read as an interim board or a group to work alongside the existing Board. If its not an interim board why do you need a group? More clarity is needed.

Just gotta say this, and i am no fan of Mr Kenwright at all by the way, but talks are going on. Three groups im not sure about tbh, but there are deffo two, one from the usa and one from the middle east. The group from the middle east attempted an offer last summer, however there were some concerns about the terms if the sale, this time however the invetsors are in a much better position as the public unrest among EFC fans is putting huge pressure on Mr Kenwright and some bored members. I wont be saying anything more on the situation at the moment as that would be wrong of me, however i have to say it is wrong to say this is just a smokescreen by Mr Kenwright to take the heat off him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back