Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Fact is we fall short £12m a year. We also lose each year while selling a player and making some profit on our player trading. My point is that at best these things may not need to happen in future.

That's simply not true.

We do not have a £12M annual cash shortfall.

That's simply not true.

We do not have a £12M annual cash shortfall.

Then why do we borrow it each year, pay it back then borrow it again the next year?

If we didn't need to borrow £12m to operate from early summer to August we wouldn't borrow it. For us to go a year without borrowing it we'd need an additional £12m. Hence the shortfall. That's without the annual loss.

kenwright has had many blues off for years with his i stood in the boys pen ****e for years,i know people who know him very well and hes a self seeking ,self centerd ego driven loon, hes lied to us, nearly bancrupt us,never invested 1 pence into the club,not spent a penny on a great old stadium,hasnt brought 1 pence of investment into the club,biggest debt in our history wille selling all our assetts,2 failed ground moves,not won a ****ing thing with him in charge,.....and hes trying to earn millions and millions and millions of profit out our great club.

how any blue can respect him is beyond beleif tbh.

kenwright has had many blues off for years with his i stood in the boys pen ****e for years,i know people who know him very well and hes a self seeking ,self centerd ego driven loon, hes lied to us, nearly bancrupt us,never invested 1 pence into the club,not spent a penny on a great old stadium,hasnt brought 1 pence of investment into the club,biggest debt in our history wille selling all our assetts,2 failed ground moves,not won a ****ing thing with him in charge,.....and hes trying to earn millions and millions and millions of profit out our great club.

how any blue can respect him is beyond beleif tbh.

Nice to see you haven't stopped posting Joe, but as ok Kipper you're wasting your breath, some of our fans are clueless.

Some will watch us burn instead just turn their back and laugh at Liverpool spending £12 Million on a striker.

Nice to see you haven't stopped posting Joe, but as ok Kipper you're wasting your breath, some of our fans are clueless.

Some will watch us burn instead just turn their back and laugh at Liverpool spending £12 Million on a striker.
its sad tbh, hes good at kidding people and has earned millions out of it ,feel sorry for blues tbh, hes the only chairman in our great history to split the fan base....thats what he will be rememberd for.

For the people who are trying to change peoples minds or pass info on they may never have heard before calling these people clueless or sheep or whatever won't help. It will make them think those who are anti-board/Kenwright are the loons with a problem.

For the people who are trying to change peoples minds or pass info on they may never have heard before calling these people clueless or sheep or whatever won't help. It will make them think those who are anti-board/Kenwright are the loons with a problem.

That's got some validity, but in reality the opinions of those who still think this board has been and is performing well count less than a kopites views on refereeing performances in derby matches.

At some point there will be a law brought in relating to criminal stupidity, and it can't come too soon.

imo

That's got some validity, but in reality the opinions of those who still think this board has been and is performing well count less than a kopites views on refereeing performances in derby matches.

At some point there will be a law brought in relating to criminal stupidity, and it can't come too soon.

imo

IMO this board have set out to be deliberately divisive since they announced the Kirkby stuff. Falling into name calling etc plays right into thier hands. For every mind that could be changed about what's going on you're losing a few more by resorting to that. The facts speak for themselves.

Whoever goes next after KEIOC or the BU will need to know that and play the game better. I.e. not every lad that reads these debates will know that Ian Ross was posting on NSNO.

So when they see is that you Bill? after they've just posted something that might come across a bit naive or Ill-informed they will instantly choose the side that doesn't insult them or question thier Evertonian credentials.

IMO this board have set out to be deliberately divisive since they announced the Kirkby stuff. Falling into name calling etc plays right into thier hands. For every mind that could be changed about what's going on you're losing a few more by resorting to that. The facts speak for themselves.

Whoever goes next after KEIOC or the BU will need to know that and play the game better. I.e. not every lad that reads these debates will know that Ian Ross was posting on NSNO.

So when they see is that you Bill? after they've just posted something that might come across a bit naive or Ill-informed they will instantly choose the side that doesn't insult them or question thier Evertonian credentials.

Yes...but the people picked up on here are very determined to show Kenwright in another, more favourable light. They're not the wide-eyed ingenues you describe. And I wouldn't rule out the use of shills on our forums. It'd be naive to doubt the club has people crawling all over places like this...and even employees posting...not uncommon, so i believe.

All about tactics. For me the Blue Union were not sufficiently aggressive or openly hostile to the board. You cannot reason with businessmen just sitting on a low initial investment awaiting an eventual big mark up return, but in the meantime deterring buyers that would have benefited the club long term.

All about tactics. For me the Blue Union were not sufficiently aggressive or openly hostile to the board. You cannot reason with businessmen just sitting on a low initial investment awaiting an eventual big mark up return, but in the meantime deterring buyers that would have benefited the club long term.

I agree. For me the whole BU aim should have been to have a proper investigative journo look into the goings on at EFC with a former player/respected voice backing them. The best way to bring about something like that would have been to generate a lot of noise. That meant going inside the ground, marching every week or at least some kind of gathering and one or two other things.

There's nothing left to be said between the board and fans like us. We know what they're in it for and they know we don't like them.

Yes...but the people picked up on here are very determined to show Kenwright in another, more favourable light. They're not the wide-eyed ingenues you describe. And I wouldn't rule out the use of shills on our forums. It'd be naive to doubt the club has people crawling all over places like this...and even employees posting...not uncommon, so i believe.

I'd guarantee that.

But the thing to remember is this. Thier not always the people who's minds you will change. They will try to be clever and post a view that mimics what they feel the silent majority feel. If you counter that with fact after fact and discredit the spin and bluster you get more people supporting a change and eventually they will demand it.

There's thousands of lurkers on here who all support EFC to some degree. They will eventually pick a side of the fence based on a lot of what they read here.

Suggests we're in a similar position then? Except one reign is looked on as disastrous for the club and one is revered by some, I know not all. It could be simply a choice of manager that has determined how each man is looked on by Evertonians.

The thing that I find most disturbing is that we're going through a period of unbelieveable riches and nothing of any note has been done to move the club forward into a more modern establishment. FF could be argued I suppose, but what's the sense in a great training ground owned by others when the ground isn't fit for purpose?

Please explain what you mean by 'a period of unbelievable riches'. Cheers.

Less than 10 years ago an almost out of contract Roy Keane was offered £50k a week by Bayern. It was all over the papers and people talked in disgust, amazement and awe that one player could earn so much and a football club could afford such wages. He was probably the most influential midfielder in Europe at the time

Now less than a decade later bog standard players can earn this no bother. Some of them aren't even the best footballers in thier house.

The amount of money currently flowing through the game was 'unbelievable' not so long ago. More money than ever before is available to clubs for whatever they see fit.

"The competition formed as the FA Premier League on 20 February 1992 following the decision of clubs in the Football League First Division to break away from The Football League, which was originally founded in 1888, and take advantage of a lucrative television rights deal.[1] This deal will be worth £3*billion as of 2013–14, with BSkyB and BT Group securing the rights to broadcast 116 and 38 games respectively"

"The Premier League's gross revenue is regularly the fourth highest of any sports league worldwide, behind the annual revenues of the three most popular North American major sports leagues (the National Football League, Major League Baseball and the National Basketball Association) "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back