Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on mate, You're not so ill-informed you need me to answer that for you. BTW, why would you exclude Bellefield?

Edit - I'll answer. Massive mortgages on goodison, Netherton, Pockets of land around GP, Finch Farm.

And in a non traditional sense the income streams relating to merchandising and catering.

Do you know the difference between liquidizing an asset & having borrowings secured upon it?

People forget the board have 'asset stripped' the income from sales of tickets we won't be selling for a couple of years

Didn't wish to get involved in all this but it is beyond excusable some of the 'arguments' used as a defence of Bill Kenwright and those he has chosen to manage the off field affairs of Everton FC.

Please, bear in mind when you discuss Bill Kenwright, he is an actor. His training is in convincing people that what isn't real, is...

Don't be so childish and pathetic

some of our fans are clueless.

the opinions of those who still think this board has been and is performing well count less than a kopites views on refereeing performances in derby matches.

At some point there will be a law brought in relating to criminal stupidity, and it can't come too soon.

imo

Who's getting the slating in this Bill or the fans with a different opinion?

kenwright has had many blues off for years with his i stood in the boys pen ****e for years,i know people who know him very well and hes a self seeking ,self centerd ego driven loon, hes lied to us, nearly bancrupt us,never invested 1 pence into the club,not spent a penny on a great old stadium,hasnt brought 1 pence of investment into the club,biggest debt in our history wille selling all our assetts,2 failed ground moves,not won a ****ing thing with him in charge,.....and hes trying to earn millions and millions and millions of profit out our great club.

how any blue can respect him is beyond beleif tbh.

That post is hardly constructive is it? You have a go at Kenwright for seeking to divide the fanbase and then you go and call us clueless those that don't follow your beliefs! Bit of irony there mate.

With the team not winning and the RS with their Champs league finals it is easy to stand in the corner like the hard kid at school having a go a the chairman. It's textbook stuff.

I am not anti-Kenwright but that doesn't make me a sheep. There are plenty of things that the board could have done better but with each I, nor I suspect do a lot of blues, know the full story. Kings Dock springs out as the one for me. A golden opportunity it seemed. I was against Kirkby from the start.

The commercial side of the club isn't great but the stuff I hear on here saying that the board are deliberately doing crap deals is ridiculous. We as fans need to face facts. We were big in the mid-80s but since then it's been downhill. We're stuck as the second team in a poor northern city. For matchday corporate income alone for example there are countless clubs that have much more potential than us. Leeds, Newcastle, Villa, all the London clubs even we have to face it that the city economies of the likes of Nottingham, Cardiff, Bristol and the wider south east of the country have more potential than barely a third of a poor city like Liverpool. It hurts to say it but in the 80s it didn't seem to matter but now it does off the pitch.

As for Kenwright, there are all sorts of accusations on here about him. Fingers in the till, fiddling expenses, dodgy artificial commercial deals with backhanders etc - but none of them are proven.

Your post above is also filled with inaccuracies and misleading statements. "nearly bankrupted us", "biggest debt in our history" are two that stand out immediately. If you read the articles from the end of the Johnson era you'd see how close we were to genuine bankruptcy then. Our debt is the highest in money terms but that's irrelevant if as a proportion of turnover it's lower than previously. Look up inflation in the dictionary.

"selling all our assets" - I make that Bellfield at £8m. I dont have figure for the other small bits but I doubt it's makes more than another £2m. That's against an annual turnover of £80m. For Bellfield we got a new training ground developed for us and it has a buy back clause. In the grand scheme of things it's hardly worthy of headline news.

"he's trying to earn millions and millions of profit" - no proof. None whatsoever. But that's irrelevant if there's not a ready buyer waiting in the wings.

"hasn't brought 1 pence of investment into the club" - when he bought the club did he promise millions? Has he got millions of his own money to put in?

Also why not have another read of that Blue Union interview with Kenwright once again. The BU's main opening was to have a go at Kenwright for not selling the club to the Venkys. "why Blackburn and not us Bill?". Fast forward a few years and look at the state of Blackburn now. Easy to forget.

Stagnation is not an operating plan.

They need to the adjust the enterprise value of the club to reflect the debt we carry.

or in simple terms drop the price, sell it and go.

That post is hardly constructive is it? You have a go at Kenwright for seeking to divide the fanbase and then you go and call us clueless those that don't follow your beliefs! Bit of irony there mate.

With the team not winning and the RS with their Champs league finals it is easy to stand in the corner like the hard kid at school having a go a the chairman. It's textbook stuff.

I am not anti-Kenwright but that doesn't make me a sheep. There are plenty of things that the board could have done better but with each I, nor I suspect do a lot of blues, know the full story. Kings Dock springs out as the one for me. A golden opportunity it seemed. I was against Kirkby from the start.

The commercial side of the club isn't great but the stuff I hear on here saying that the board are deliberately doing crap deals is ridiculous. We as fans need to face facts. We were big in the mid-80s but since then it's been downhill. We're stuck as the second team in a poor northern city. For matchday corporate income alone for example there are countless clubs that have much more potential than us. Leeds, Newcastle, Villa, all the London clubs even we have to face it that the city economies of the likes of Nottingham, Cardiff, Bristol and the wider south east of the country have more potential than barely a third of a poor city like Liverpool. It hurts to say it but in the 80s it didn't seem to matter but now it does off the pitch.

As for Kenwright, there are all sorts of accusations on here about him. Fingers in the till, fiddling expenses, dodgy artificial commercial deals with backhanders etc - but none of them are proven.

Your post above is also filled with inaccuracies and misleading statements. "nearly bankrupted us", "biggest debt in our history" are two that stand out immediately. If you read the articles from the end of the Johnson era you'd see how close we were to genuine bankruptcy then. Our debt is the highest in money terms but that's irrelevant if as a proportion of turnover it's lower than previously. Look up inflation in the dictionary.

"selling all our assets" - I make that Bellfield at £8m. I dont have figure for the other small bits but I doubt it's makes more than another £2m. That's against an annual turnover of £80m. For Bellfield we got a new training ground developed for us and it has a buy back clause. In the grand scheme of things it's hardly worthy of headline news.

"he's trying to earn millions and millions of profit" - no proof. None whatsoever. But that's irrelevant if there's not a ready buyer waiting in the wings.

"hasn't brought 1 pence of investment into the club" - when he bought the club did he promise millions? Has he got millions of his own money to put in?

Also why not have another read of that Blue Union interview with Kenwright once again. The BU's main opening was to have a go at Kenwright for not selling the club to the Venkys. "why Blackburn and not us Bill?". Fast forward a few years and look at the state of Blackburn now. Easy to forget.

That is riddled with misrepresentation, purely devoid of context and in particular, spectacularly missing the whole point.

Why Blackburn? Why a smaller club with less history and potential get interested and then a takeover, itr's rhetorical.
When he bought the club he was a temporary custodian (sic) and would be looking to sell as soon as possible.

All the deals are the easiest to achieve, have no input or management from the club, hands over responsibility for the 'partner's' profit and there you go...

Of course for all this to happen it needs to be supported by a campaign of spin and flasehood, but lets not allow reality to get in the way of a good argument?

That is riddled with misrepresentation, purely devoid of context and in particular, spectacularly missing the whole point.

Why Blackburn? Why a smaller club with less history and potential get interested and then a takeover, itr's rhetorical.
When he bought the club he was a temporary custodian (sic) and would be looking to sell as soon as possible.

All the deals are the easiest to achieve, have no input or management from the club, hands over responsibility for the 'partner's' profit and there you go...

Of course for all this to happen it needs to be supported by a campaign of spin and flasehood, but lets not allow reality to get in the way of a good argument?

And you accuse me of not making any sense?!

About to mention this. We're on par with Sunderland and Fulham. Villa still up there.

Blitzed by the Barcodes. Spurs miles ahead.

I'm not saying its positive but if you were a commercial manager you'd fancy your chances at Newcastle or Villa more than Everton. Villa are the main team in Birmingham by a mile and Newcastle have no competition. Spurs and Fulham are in London where the streets are paved with gold. Sunderland have their new stadium.

I'm not saying its positive but if you were a commercial manager you'd fancy your chances at Newcastle or Villa more than Everton. Villa are the main team in Birmingham by a mile and Newcastle have no competition. Spurs and Fulham are in London where the streets are paved with gold. Sunderland have their new stadium.

...we also have to compete with Tranmere, Burscough, Marine and Southport..let's not forget that either!

It was argued on here by the late Matt Damon that we were more viable commercially than all them, bar Spurs.

I agree with you, but its an example of going backwards. Higher debt, less income year on year.

In addition, all those clubs will have dipped their toe and spent in the transfer windows in a net spend and still come out on par with us who have done zero.

As steken said, the avenues are there commercially ,have been for years. We've never took advantage and thats poor management in going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back