Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a great analogy & very true imo.

It's like buying a mansion with borrowed money & not being able to maintain it or pay the heating bills.

After a while the paint starts to crack, the weeds are 2 foot high & you're sat in the living room chopping up & burning your furniture to keep warm.

...and then anther feller who owns a few mansions himself and controls a retail empire comes along and says: "want to borrow some money to pay the mortgage bollocks? It'll cost yer like".

Yeah, it's defo like that.

Good analogy this one.

I thought you were on Kenwright's side, though?

Side?

I'm on no-one's 'side'. Why would I care about Kenwright?

What I care about is my club & people understanding what the reality is. Not some skewed agenda driven, one sided view of the reality - the actual reality. Some of the stuff posted by those I would describe as 'haters' is simply not true & some of it is libellous to boot. I don't agree that people have the right to spread what they like as 'fact' when it patently isn't.

It's about balance, as some would have you believe that merely replacing the current lot will lead to utopia, it simply won't (unless it's a Billionaire benefactor that comes in) As whoever takes over will face the same problems & challenges. Assuming they'll be looking to run the club as a business, then the road for Everton to get back to the pinnacle of the game is a long one. The expectation amongst some, is that the change will automatically bring about positives when there's no guarantee of that at all.

Having said that, the fear of change shouldn't stop us from moving on either, we just need to hope that the fabled 'right man' that Bill's spent a decade looking for, ends up being just that.......given his track record so far, the odds dont' look great, but maybe his parting shot could be his finest hour............that's my hope.

I'd love for us to get taken over however when you look at the past teams who have been taken over, your QPR's, your fulhams, your Blackburns, VILLAS, its worrying...

Side?

I'm on no-one's 'side'. Why would I care about Kenwright?

What I care about is my club & people understanding what the reality is. Not some skewed agenda driven, one sided view of the reality - the actual reality. Some of the stuff posted by those I would describe as 'haters' is simply not true & some of it is libellous to boot. I don't agree that people have the right to spread what they like as 'fact' when it patently isn't.

It's about balance, as some would have you believe that merely replacing the current lot will lead to utopia, it simply won't (unless it's a Billionaire benefactor that comes in) As whoever takes over will face the same problems & challenges. Assuming they'll be looking to run the club as a business, then the road for Everton to get back to the pinnacle of the game is a long one. The expectation amongst some, is that the change will automatically bring about positives when there's no guarantee of that at all.

Having said that, the fear of change shouldn't stop us from moving on either, we just need to hope that the fabled 'right man' that Bill's spent a decade looking for, ends up being just that.......given his track record so far, the odds dont' look great, but maybe his parting shot could be his finest hour............that's my hope.

But nobody tries to run football clubs as buisnesses.

As a business venture we're a no go. Tons of debt to clear and a new stadium to pay for. Need a billionaire evertonian who just wants to see us boss. That grantchester bloke would be handy.

Okay I'll give you that.

They'd still make more money if they sold all their players and rented out the land at the emirates rather than built a stadium there. They'd still make more money if they gave up on being competitive and settled for not getting relegated too.

They make money because they're extrmely well run & they had the foresight & the bottle to embark on the Emirates. Yes, they've got some trading advantages over the likes of us, but they're a sound business that produces a good return.

By the way (from memory) 5 or 6 PL clubs declared a profit in the 10/11 tax year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back