Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only a minor thing, but there are people out there other than ourselves who see through this.

Of all people, Franny Jeffers tweeted last night:

Of course, Myers is a former EFC employee, around the 1999/2000 time, when he handled media & communications for the club, before moving to Sky, so that will be how Jeffers knows him.

Ha Ha. Well in Franny. A proper fluffer's job it was too.

franny could tell a few tales about his move the arsenal and bills lies to the fans mate.

I bet he could. The Kenwright/Echo transfer machine was just being perfected in that period. Pulling the wool over fans' eyes is one of the few things this club is an industry leader with.

I bet he could. The Kenwright/Echo transfer machine was just being perfected in that period. Pulling the wool over fans' eyes is one of the few things this club is an industry leader with.
franny was sold ,agreed terms with arsenal....wile bill was saying we offerd him the biggest contract in our history and he wanted him to stay.

we offerd him 4 grand a week , fact....franny had to wait for a week wile bill lied to fans knowing he was gone.

franny could tell a few tales about his move the arsenal and bills lies to the fans mate.

So to be clear - you don't think selling Jeffers for £8m in 2001 was a great deal?

I must have made a mistake when I just looked up Jeffers' career stats after he left the Blues 'cos I could have sworn he's bombed to hell.

I know littlejoe knows some of the everton players from past years and I also know at least one poster knows franny. However much I'll happily have a pop at Kenwright I'm told (that's all I can go on ) by an impeccable source in all this that despite advice from some whom he employed around him Franny wanted the move .

Now whether there were lies or deceit around the move isn't the debate for me because pretty much every deal involves it. The issue for me is whether Jeffers was 'forced out' . I'm not sure how he recounts the stories now or any reasons for him looking back differently but as i understand it Jeffers was the one pushing for that move whether it suited the board is an 'incidental' for me.

On Kevin Campbell the bloke was instrumental in is staying up but the deal he was given and subsequently signed was indicative of how badly run our club has been over the years. It was an absolutely ridiculous deal to tie us to given all the factors at play , most obviously his age .

Last edited:
I know littlejoe knows some of the everton players from past years and I also know at least one poster knows franny. However much I'll happily have a pop at Kenwright I'm told (that's all I can go on ) by an impeccable source in all this that despite advice from some whom he employed around him Franny wanted the move .

Now whether there were lies or deceit around the move isn't the debate for me because pretty much every deal involves it. The issue for me is whether Jeffers was 'forced out' . I'm not sure how he recounts the stories now or any reasons for him looking back differently but as i understand it Jeffers was the one pushing for that move whether it suited the board is an 'incidental' for me.

On Kevin Campbell the bloke was instrumental in is staying up but the deal he was given and subsequently signed was indicative of how badly run our club has been over the years. It was an absolutely ridiculous deal to tie us to given all the factors at play , most obviously his age .
IIRC, that Jeffers business erupted twice: first time 'resolved' and then later blew up again into a crisis.

Whilst I dont doubt Jeffers' head was turned by other top clubs showing an interest, every Everton transaction during the period this clown Kenwright has been in charge comes under the suspicion that bills needed paying and moves were engineered (either with or without the connivance of players). Also, this was a period when Smith was manager. He's an underhand character as was revealed with his association with Dennis Roche; I believe he was a 'player' in the market of generating a lot of transfers through the door and negotiating with clubs he managed a cut of the book price of home grown players?

IIRC, that Jeffers business erupted twice: first time 'resolved' and then later blew up again into a crisis.

Whilst I dont doubt Jeffers' head was turned by other top clubs showing an interest, every Everton transaction during the period this clown Kenwright has been in charge comes under the suspicion that bills needed paying and moves were engineered (either with or without the connivance of players). Also, this was a period when Smith was manager. He's an underhand character as was revealed with his association with Dennis Roche; I believe he was a 'player' in the market of generating a lot of transfers through the door and negotiating with clubs he managed a cut of the book price of home grown players?

Never heard that about Smith?

I think on the Super Kev thing you have to look at it in context, he pulled of an amazing scoring feat and at the time he was no 1 priority - that was back in the day we had no real heros to speak of, yes it was ridiculous money at the timebut in the context of what his performences earned us - its understandable, but prob not acceptable. I believe Big Dunc was on similar huge long term deal when he came back from Newcastle.

Its one of the problems with a fan running the club, but then hes damned if he does and damned if he doesnt - critised for giving big deals to players then given stick for not Pienaar for example - goes with territory i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back