Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its all a matter of opinion, we all care. And I don't for one minute believe Kenwrights approval is only 14%, most Evertonians believe he is doing a good job in a very harsh financial environment. As I always say he is the only one to come up with any plans at all to move us on.

Best post of the day, in tears here.

Having now been properly to the Stadium Light and seen the corporate bookings and level of take-up I want to take back a lot of what I said on here about there not being the demand for corporates for Goodison/Everton generally.

If a club like Sunderland can sell a very decent volume then Everton can as well.

And if we sell Baines to that c*** Moyes for anything less than £25m then I'll be on the next BU march.

Having now been properly to the Stadium Light and seen the corporate bookings and level of take-up I want to take back a lot of what I said on here about there not being the demand for corporates for Goodison/Everton generally.

If a club like Sunderland can sell a very decent volume then Everton can as well.

And if we sell Baines to that c*** Moyes for anything less than £25m then I'll be on the next BU march.

Thing with Sunderland is that they are a one club city.

Thing with Sunderland is that they are a one club city.

No mate. It's a city in name only. Sunderland is dwarfed by Newcastle in every way possible. There's [Poor language removed] all in Sunderland. When I went up there I couldn't even get a half decent hotel in the place. The Metro takes everything out of the place.

Sunderland economically is no more than half of Merseyside. Not even a quarter I'd guess.

Its a spot on Stadium, the corporate is fantastic. Been a few times in the past few seasons, just a shame the football is ****e.

No mate. It's a city in name only. Sunderland is dwarfed by Newcastle in every way possible. There's [Poor language removed] all in Sunderland. When I went up there I couldn't even get a half decent hotel in the place. The Metro takes everything out of the place.

Sunderland economically is no more than half of Merseyside. Not even a quarter I'd guess.

I have family up there and spend most of my time up there so disagree. RE hotel, guest houses on the sea front by Roker Park are the way forward.

I have family up there and spend most of my time up there so disagree. RE hotel, guest houses on the sea front by Roker Park are the way forward.

We can happily agree to disagree but the Sunderland urban area has a population of about 200,000.

Merseyside has a population of 1.4million.

I'm not sure Sunderland's catchment extends anywhere really beyond their patch whereas with the history and like we make inroads into North Wales in tandem with the Mancs and RS.

We can happily agree to disagree but the Sunderland urban area has a population of about 200,000.

I'm not sure Sunderland's catchment extends anywhere really beyond their patch whereas with the history and like we make inroads into North Wales in tandem with the Mancs and RS.

Just over a million people in the region of Tyne & Wear ( Newcastle, Sunderland & surrounding area )

Still amazed that there is nearly 14% who approve of BK and saddened that nearly 10% could not give a toss, how can they call themselves fans?

I don't for one minute believe Kenwrights approval is only 14%, most Evertonians believe he is doing a good job in a very harsh financial environment.

To be fair the options on that poll are not well worded. Assume for a moment you're a fan who thinks the bolded part is true - BK's doing his best but through a combination of lack of commercial/business nous, lack of financial muscle and difficult economic conditions he can't achieve what he wants for the club. You might very well still agree that "We need change". In fact you might think "we need change" for those very reasons.

There's an awful lot of possible variation within "We need change". Everything from "Bill and co and lying, blood-sucking cancers who are laughing at us while lining their own pockets and watching the club die" to "Bill's a great Blue, and honest man who loves the club and is working really hard, but he just can't take us forward."

I am actually quite surprised that 24% would say either "I'm happy with the way things are" or "I'm not bothered", but I suspect many of them aren't actually happy, and are bothered, but still feel a lot of affection for Bill and don't want to sign up for the "Kenwright out!" part.

Two separate polls would have been better - 1) I'm {satisfied/dissatisfied/somewhere in the middle} about how the club is being run; 2) The board {should/should not} sell up and get new owners in.

Plus maybe a third: The board should sell their shares at {a loss - they've made the club worse/what they paid for them - nothing's changed/a small profit - inflation and tha' innit/a big profit - we're dead boss now la!}

I want to get some T-shirts made - big bold letters "I THINK YOU'LL FIND IT'S A BIT MORE COMPLICATED THAN THAT!" only I'd need to be Neville Southall to fit it all on there!

Agree about size but not about **** all up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back